Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Weird...I'm actually on my SCT software right now...for all its shortcoming. I'd like someone to compare ALL the features against SCT so us DIY guys know what is what. I have no idea if its better, the same, or what. I want to believe it is far superior to SCT....but until someone does a one on one comparison...I can't drop that coin on potentially the same thing only different.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
HPTuners is generally pretty good and easy to use. How long this been out?

·
Premium Member
19,102 Posts
I think it just came out. They were a little late to the party

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it just came out. They were a little late to the party
It did just come out. I just saw the announcement the other day. Its HP is usually pretty good so it will be interesting to see how this does.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So I am a huge fan of HPtuners after using it on the LS platform. I was excited that this came out and downloaded the beta to see what the differences were. It is more user friendly and will have better support but the exact same tables and limitations are still there. Basically the fuel table resolution is still limited to 9 fields. I hope they eventually offer what they offer for LS platforms, OS flash with 2 bar capabilities. The logging software is far superior and is a simple copy past into the tune for getting your fuel trims in line.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I spoke with them last year at SEMA and I asked them if they had anything for earlier Vipers. The guy I spoke to didn't mention that they had anything in the works. It seams that the SCT has a lot of issues, I would be more willing to get one from HpTuners

At least they gave me a T shirt :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used HP Tuners a little bit for an LS application myself. I found the user interface and logging to be pretty awesome...

Kind of related question: what are you guys using to change radiator fan activation (hi/low speed) temperature? Can you do this with SCT? Or some other way?

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
I used HP Tuners a little bit for an LS application myself. I found the user interface and logging to be pretty awesome...

Kind of related question: what are you guys using to change radiator fan activation (hi/low speed) temperature? Can you do this with SCT? Or some other way?
SCT here, Dan Lesser made an SCT tune for my Gen2 several years ago that changed the temps at which the low/high speed fan came on.

·
Registered
171 Posts
has anyone reached out to tony at unleashed to see if anyone is currently using one of the hp tuners?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I talked to Torrie and I will be recieving my MPVii today. I will let you know how it goes. I have been using the SCT for the last 4 years. The HPtuners is not gonna provide anyting different tune wise because it will still be the exact same tables and such. The big difference is the HPtuners is more user friendly and the scanner is much better.

·
Registered
171 Posts
what are you goals with switching from sct? also im assuming the refresh rates are the same as well. Why would hp produce a tuner now instead of years ago? boosted motor sports channel on YouTube plans on doing a write up review tomorrow ...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got it yesterday and pulled my tune. There are less tables available in the hptuners, my guess is as more people use it maybe that will expand. It is more user friendly and the scanning is much much better. I didnt get a change to flash my car so I will do that today and see how that goes. I only switched because I hope the support from hptuners will be better than SCT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We did a rom dump on my 97 ecu, and a 2000 ecu and submitted them to hptuners. My 97 had almost no defined tables so they must not have had a rom dump file for one yet. We were able to see some live stream data and log though. Can’t modify and flash until they update.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have hp tuners for my ls (and lately turbo 4cyl) equipped gm vehicles and will probably be playing with my 02 gts in next couple of weeks. Have to buy more credits as just used up last couple on a z06 clone c6 vette. Their list shows as supported.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Like it so far?
Been using hp tuners back from 2010ish or so when needed to tune ls1 swapped 89 Trans Am. I am a casual user(only 4 actual vehicle tunes), but still work a bit on that 89 TA as I keep changing things on it.

I like it and was excited to see vipers listed as supported. I can take a read from my gts and email it to you. Software it self is free to open and look at files. Just no edit and save without the license.
It also works for diagnostic reasons on a lot of vehicles as a fancy scanner and logger

1 - 20 of 37 Posts