Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone what's up. I'm new to the boards here and really I'm new to the Viper scene. I am actually a Ford guy and have a 94 Cobra. It's primarily a street/drag car. It's fairly well modded built shortblock, Edelbrock heads, Tremec TKO tranny, Accel Gen 7 stand alone fuel management, massive fuel system, and most importantly a Precision T-76 turbo, and blah blah blah. It's been my current Viper killer /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Anyway I have LOVED Vipers for a long time and am finally thinking about getting into one.I have come across a minorly wrecked one and am looking for a little advice since I know very little about these cars. It's a 2000 RT/10 with 11k on it. It has some very minor fiberglass damage just behind the front driverside wheel well that an excellent body man I know says he can fix relatively easily. And the only other thing that is wrong is that the driver side rocker panel is crunched in and would probably need repaced. Also this means that the exhaust behind the rocker has been slighty damaged.

The guy wants 33,900 for the car. I have drove it and it drives excellent and doesn't feel quirky at all. what do you guys think? It's either this or an 04 Cobra, but damn I would love a Viper I just can't afford one in perfect condition.

Oh and heres a pic of my snake :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
24,063 Posts
exactly....you can find a bunch of good ones under 40 wth NO problems...look in the classifieds here and on ebay

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm, I'll have to take a look. I would actually prefer a GTS anyway. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
Good luck in your search! I don't like the new bodystyle myself, a GTS is definetely something to consider. GEN III have a great powerplant, but if you're planning to mod moderately I still think a GEN II is the way to go. Whatever you decide have another Viper owner or Viper tech go with you to check out the car you're looking at. Get it up on a lift before you buy ANYTHING, wrecked story or not! There's plenty of guys on the forums here willing to lend a hand.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Craig201MPH said:
Evilz_ACR said:
NITMARE said:
It's been my current Viper killer /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
if you're cobra is so fast why you looking to trade? /images/graemlins/headscratch
Because it can't corner for shit
Pretty much that's it and like I said it's a street/drag car which means while I do drive it on the street it's got drag suspension under it. Plus the car does make tons of power on 18 pounds of boost and 116 in the tank but that's not the most practical driver. And I'm not trading it at all.

My reasoning for wanting a Viper has nothing to do with wanting a faster car I have a plenty fast car now it's more the handling, decent power, and most of all STYLING that draws me to the Viper. I just want a car that's fairly bad ass and I can just hop in it and drive whenever I want without having to deal with all the "race car" issues. I think the Viper would get the job done

·
Banned
10,164 Posts
well STFU and buy the gen 2 already. mustangs suck anyway. talk to most any viper owner and do a poll. i cant think of many gen3 owners that think a gen 3 has better stylin than our gen 2. if theye say i am wrong, trust me they are the minority. gen2 has way more shape than a gen3. oh and mustangs suck. did i mention that mustangs suck!!!

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
Foxbodies, best starter car for the 1/4 mile IMO. But guess what, when you get it home you're still another dude with a mustang.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Welcome dude!

T-76 and 18lb boost on 116

mmmm - me thinks that while some Viper owners here won't show respect to a measely "Stang" online - you'd earn it if they raced their Viper against your 94! :nod: :thumb:

with a few notable exceptions....

running significant boost of their own :nod:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Also new here.

Currently: 2003 Black C5 Vette Coupe with ... 1.8 shaft rockers, intake mods, shorty headers, x-pipe, Borla cat-back, Z06 sway bars, slotted rotors, 3.90 rear gears and short-shifter. 355 rwhp.

Next: Silver SRT-10 (probably)

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Torquemonster said:
Welcome dude!

mmmm - me thinks that while some Viper owners here won't show respect to a measely "Stang" online - you'd earn it if they raced their Viper against your 94! :nod: :thumb:

nice...got time slips. Do you run race gas? Ever dyno it?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Torquemonster said:
Welcome dude!

Thanks the car runs pretty good for just getting done this year.I don't have any dyno numbers yet but my best at the track this year was as a 10.41 at 139 with only a 1.98 60ft. which could have been greatly improved on but as soon as the track officials saw 10's on the boards and no cage they put a stop to it.I was only running 14 pounds of boost and some 110 at the time. I have done all the tuning myself by just taking it out on the highway making a few pulls and data logging the A/F ratio and tuning accordingly. It's a little crude but it works till I get my lazy ass to the dyno.

And as far as some of the Viper owner attitude is concerened it doesn't get to me one bit. I deal with big talkers all the time. My whole point of view is that if you have done mods to your car I will repect it. Viper owners tend to be broken down into 2 groups. Those who have done mods to their cars and know what they are talking about, and those who drive their bone stock cars and thnk they are the hottest shit on the road and won't race to save their life.

If you think my mustang sucks that's fine, just tell me when you catch up.

I'm cool to pretty much anyone that's cool to me. Just don't be an internet tough guy hiding behind your big bad Viper. :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.