Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
so under 11.5 the car needs cage or other stuff to run NHRA?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
J DAWG said:
so under 11.5 the car needs cage or other stuff to run NHRA?
You needn't worry about that mister... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

shut your pie hole. I have you covered come Shreveport. /images/graemlins/biggrin

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
It's about Fkn time...

Maybe some day we won't have the same rules for cars that run 9.99 as the cars that run 7.50 ??? (7.50-9.99 same exact rules)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Under 11.50 you need a roll "bar" which equates to 5 or 6 points along with a fire jacket and 5 or 6 point harness (SFI certified for two year use).

A roll "cage" is a lot more complicated and is usually 10 or 12 points including through your dash and around your head and is not needed until you reach 9.99 (along with a few other things)

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Jerome said:
I read those rules the other day but decided against post that info here. It won't really do anyone here any good at all. Read the rules closely and then lets see who here is stock enough to fit those rules and actually drag races.
I reread it 3 times and I'm still a little confused as to what they will allow. It does allow at least full aftermarket exhaust system and DOT drag radials, so that will help a lot of cars that are starting to dip into the 11's.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I posted it here because I am under the impression that stock Vipers are dipping into the 11's even on stock tires.

It solves the problem for those in that predicament. It is even harder for a stock Vette stock to get in the 11's but I think Vipers and Convertibles, who will now be allowed to run 11.50 insted of 13.99, are getting a huge break.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Hell, I run right around 11.5 with just removing the mufflers and cats. This rule is great for me! It sucks to take your almost stock car out and get booted off for going too fast!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
This is great news for those who run at NHRA-sanctioned tracks!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Jerome said:
I read those rules the other day but decided against post that info here. It won't really do anyone here any good at all. Read the rules closely and then lets see who here is stock enough to fit those rules and actually drag races.
It happens to more people than you think. :nod:

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
ROLLMODEL said:
Jerome said:
It happens to more people than you think. :nod:
What happens? Stock Vipers running? I thought all the stock Vipers were over at the VCA Wax and Stroke party every track night. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Hey if this helps out some of you guys than I am all for it. :nod:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts