Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Camel Farmer
9,841 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Michael and I live in Houston, TX. I just picked up my first viper. It's a fully modded, blown 06 VOI9 coupe (78/100). I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and meeting some of you in the near future!

Michael
Michael, why do you think Paxtons are the best?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Personally, I like the reliability of the supercharger over a TT kit. TT kits seem more finicky (sp) than the blowers. Plus, mine was already done which makes life easier.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
1,874 Posts
You're going to have to try harder than that. We all know that Paxtons are unreliable and break all of the time. They are the Fiat of super chargers. Always jamming on you at the wrong time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You're going to have to try harder than that. We all know that Paxtons are unreliable and break all of the time. They are the Fiat of super chargers. Always jamming on you at the wrong time.
Well, it's already done and I have absolutely no desire to pull it and do the TT kit, or anything else with the car for that matter. It seems like adding 250hp for around 10k through the Paxton kit is a pretty cost effective way to get that much power. I was not aware of the reliabilty issues with the Paxton. My friend has a Paxton SC 06 and he's never had any issues with his car.....

I thought this was supposed to be a welcoming thread and you guys were supposed to cut me some slack since I'm a noob? LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
New To This Forum

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I can't afford a Viper so I bought a Ram SRT-10 so I guess I have part of a Viper.:D I just enjoy reading things on different forums. Glad tobe part of this forum. Rapid City, South Dakota.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings.
New member. 03 w/Paxton Supercharger, Borla CatBack. 9K miles, Silver w/black powder coated wheels.

Hope to meet and greet with the local chapter club members.

I have some great pictures of my vehicles, only after 15 posts :(
Car collector w/18+ cars/trucks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi there, just bought my first viper(car) last week and it's been my dream car since, 1993, i bought a 06 slate clear pearlcoat with the H wheels and im LOVING it, i also have a GC srt8, i hope to be around and to learn from this forum, i'm living in G ville SC, for now...:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
K&n advice

I just bought my 2008 SRT-10 with only 4,000 miles. I want to put a exhaust on it and do the K&N 69-2527TTR Red Typhoon Cold Air Intake Filter Assembly I was told by a viper shop that I would be wasting my $$ on the K&N what are everyones thoughts. I don't want to do any motor work just a couple bolt ons. Any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought my 2008 SRT-10 with only 4,000 miles. I want to put a exhaust on it and do the K&N 69-2527TTR Red Typhoon Cold Air Intake Filter Assembly I was told by a viper shop that I would be wasting my $$ on the K&N what are everyones thoughts. I don't want to do any motor work just a couple bolt ons. Any help will be appreciated

if you dont mind me asking...what did you pay for yours? I am trying to sell mine and its very similar

·
Registered
6 Posts
ACR's

I am looking at buying a 2010 ACR and getting a bit confused on deciphering the vin, I want to make sure it is a true ACR. Also, some of these cars have build tags by the shifter with ie:7/30 , should they all come with this tag?

New to the forum and thanks for any help you can offer me!!!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just bought my First Viper

Well it was 2 weeks ago today (7-13-13) that I bought my 2009 Viper Couple VOI 10.

LOVE the car and finally done with Corvettes after many years of Vette Ownership. Just love the BOLD and Agressive American Race Car Styling of the 2008+ Vipers, and of course 600HP from the factory, along with Viper's exclusivity, makes this the perfect supercar for me.

Just put on Random Tech high flow cats and Corsa 3" Track Catback Exhaust and now I LOVE it that much more, sounds like a Viper Race Car with zero drone. For shits and giggles also threw in a K&N Air Filter and put on the Mopar Viper Door Sills.

MGW Viper Fang shifter knob that lowers the stock shifter by 2" was ordered today and I am done modding, as she is PLENTY fast, and has Ma Mopar bumper to bumper factory warranty until Nov. 2017 that i just extended (always good for peace of mind).

Here are some pics of my new to me 2009 Viper VOI 10.

http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click...f=http://forums.corvetteforum.com/private.php

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wow, Jimmy, that's a real nice viper you have there. That must be your car collection in the background, some of those vetts you been driving all these years. But Have you checked underneath the cars, where the drivers seat is. Does it say hot wheels any where? Made in china maybe? Good luck with your new car, and take care of it, too many of these rare vehicles are destroyed by driver error.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Wow, Jimmy, that's a real nice viper you have there. That must be your car collection in the background, some of those vetts you been driving all these years. But Have you checked underneath the cars, where the drivers seat is. Does it say hot wheels any where? Made in china maybe? Good luck with your new car, and take care of it, too many of these rare vehicles are destroyed by driver error.
LOL. That is obviously the showroom of the dealership. Would be a great looking garage, though !

PS, Great choice of Viper !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words and yes, Jslimm is right, the pictures were taken in the dealership and those vettes are cars in the dealership showroom (my vettes are all gone now).

Nice not having to worry about my LS7 powered C6 Z06 dropping a Valve anymore. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum, whats going on guys.

Getting out of a GT500, looking for the right gen 3.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts