Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just registered to the forum even though I have been browsing it for awhile. I met whiteviper (very nice guy) on Wednesday night and he convinced me to finally register after talking with him for a few mins. Anyway, the story is that a few years ago i was driving through my town and saw a black with silver stripes GTS pull into a parking lot so as i always do i need to go check it out. I talk to the guy for a few mins and ask him if i can get a pic of his car. he says sure and if you want i can take you for a ride and have your friend follow us in his car and he can pick you up down the road. So we get in and he proceeds to scare the shit out of me. After talking to him for awhile he tells me that its a Hennessey 550GTS. he then asks if i know how to drive manual and since my car was i told him yeah but if you act like you are gonna let me drive and you don't ill be really upset. So he says no ill pull over and ill let you drive. So we get out and my friend thinks that i am gonna walk back to his car and then he realizes that me and the guy are switching seats. I hear him scream with the windows up, "holy shit hes gonna drive wtf!" So i hop in and take off which wasn't much of a take off being that i just gently let the clutch out without any gas and just cruised down the road at a blinding 45 mph (lol). So i drive for a few mins and we switch again. He then really scares the crap out of me on the highway by taking it up to 170 mph. I have never done anything cooler or scarier than that (except for drive it for the five minutes before that) needless to say i will never forget that day car or guy for as long as i live. It just amazes me that i guy i knew for only 10 mins who has never seen me drive anything before would let me drive his viper. So before i left i asked him why he let me and he told me, because when i was 17 i knew i could drive a car like this but nobody ever gave me the chance and i knew that it would have been the coolest thing ever so i figured since you liked it so much i would let you." The most awesome thing that was ever said to other than a few choice sayings that girls have said to me (thats a story for another day lol). But anyway when i get my viper i am going to have to do the same thing he did for some kid who is in love. Have any of you guys done anything as crazy/cool as this before?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome! I just recently joined this forum also. This is a great pplace to hang! There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here!

I too welcome riders in my snake whenever the opportunity presents its self, although I have not offered to let anyone to drive yet. I sort of see it as an obligation as a snake owner to 'spread the speed' and to promote good Viper will whenever possible! :thumb:

It seems to me the more folks who get a chance to be 'bitten', the better it is for all of us. Besides, taking some young kid for a spin in a car that most folks only dream about is a very cool thing to do. It's especially cool to take some kid for spin while his or her 'mall-mobile' or 'bow-tie' driving parent stands by.

Again, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Just WHERE THE HELL AM I when All of this is Going Down!!?? At this rate the only way I'll ever get a ride to is get my OWN DAMN CAR! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Jay K.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Another New Yawka! That's cool with me. Welcome there GS!

BTW- I'd give you a ride for sure, but drive /images/graemlins/shocked doubt it! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
When my buddies and I came back from Iraq. I let them drive my viper. All of them knew how much I loved my car. It made for a nice sunday drive....all day. I think I went through about 3 tanks of gas that day.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
oh yea...I almost forgot.

you frekin idiot. Go out and get a fucking job and buy your own pos. Why are you bothering me with your lame fake I drove drive a viper story. No viper owner is cool like that...liar LIar LIAR! I might as well get a pot of boiling oil and put you in it. That way I can eat some hot shit for a change.

welcome little bro. Glad that's over.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
when my viper was stock i would ALAWYS let people take it for a drive. ive let the local university use it for lead car at homecoming, a friend for his wedding, a 4th of july parade, etc. thats what makes owning this kinda car so damn much fun; seeing others enjoying it. especially kids. everytime im at the local drag track there are always some kids that swarm around it, they go nuts when i open the doors and tell them to go ahhead and sit inside for a picture or two. their parents cant thank enough, its cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I only wish I could find someone that would do that for me, seeing as how I'm just starting college and won't be getting a viper for a while, but I will definitley get one. Once I get one I'll make sure to give rides to people. I probably won't get a ride until I get my own, unless there is someone in Wichita, Kansas that wants to give a ride to someone absolutely in love with this car.

Come to think of it I haven't even seen that many around here. Maybe 4.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
citysnake - Thats cool I definitely understand I didn't want my friends to drive my 5 speed Chevy Cavalier and not only was it just a Chevy but it was only a Cavalier(lol). I hope I am able to let someone drive my viper I think I am obligated to let someone because someone let me.

the red flash - I remember his name was Dave and owned some type of construction or gravel company. Really a cool guy, but i don't no anymore than that. I would like to talk to him again to thank him for the million and first time being that I thanked him a million times that day

v10 mojo - That's really cool, like i said i don't know how i will feel about someone driving mine until i get one, but I'm sure I'll end up letting people drive it because I know how happy its makes people. My girlfriend doesn't really get why I like cars so much (not even with the viper, she just says its nice), but everyone who loves these cars never forgets the experiences they have with them.

Tanked- LOL LMAO i think im glad thats over too lol, that day must have been a lot of fun.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I've been there too, and boy those smile cheeks hurt after your first ride.

Almost like losing your virginity!

I say thank you to Doug, for the ride of my life he gave me in the blue and white viper.

I never new you could do 55 mph in first gear till I got my first Viper Ride!

Share the love guys, spread the seed as someone else said!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.