Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New here, been reading around and watching a fair bit to learn as much as I can before I drive away in my dream car in as little as 1 week from now.

Ever since I was a lad I’ve dreamed having a Gen 1/2 Viper. Randomly and serendipitously that day is approaching.

She is a 2000 Steel Grey GTS with less than 15k on her. She looks in pristine condition on the outside and I will likely go see her on Saturday (I live 4.5hrs away).

However, the vehicle doesnt have a service history, previous owner had her in the northeast, the car fax shows nothing, and the only thing recently she has had done was an oil change and new tires.

So I am probably looking at having to get the fluids changed. Also want to get Belanger Headers and Corsa or Borla Catback done.

So, given the below photos of the brakes, the year, mileage, and lack of service record, etc. what do you think is fair price?
Keep in mind (not that you couldnt if you wanted to) inflation is stupid high and rates are going up all the time.

I would also greatly appreciate any first time Viper buyer tips and questions…

Thank you all, hope to join the Viper owner club soon.
Hood Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive lighting Tread
Automotive tire Hood Bag Bumper Rim

Musical instrument Automotive tire Idiophone Automotive design Automotive exhaust

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exhaust

Automotive tire Hood Bag Bumper Rim

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Agreed on the M&M that the way to go, or if you have time time and patience ARH are suppose to be a little better but tougher to fit.

I saw that steel grey for 80K, wow thats asking a lot but then again money isn't worth as much.
Also didn't think it was in that great of a shape for the miles, it has "upgraded rims" but there are not the HRE or anything "high" end.
Missing the dust flaps things on both first tires...

Anyways I was comparing prices to my car, if they really get 80 for that mines definitely worth 50s now with 120K miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed on the M&M that the way to go, or if you have time time and patience ARH are suppose to be a little better but tougher to fit.

I saw that steel grey for 80K, wow thats asking a lot but then again money isn't worth as much.
Also didn't think it was in that great of a shape for the miles, it has "upgraded rims" but there are not the HRE or anything "high" end.
Missing the dust flaps things on both first tires...

Anyways I was comparing prices to my car, if they really get 80 for that mines definitely worth 50s now with 120K miles.
They are actually asking $86… 👀

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
They are actually asking $86… 👀
They're on crack, they can ask $186k. They'll have that one for awhile.

Let us know how it goes & what is sells for in 6+ months. Sticking with my $62k.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Why don’t you just post the link to the car ,.. it’s not like someone here is going to jump on it, lol.

86 lol come buy mine for 70…

62 s to high in my opinion but yeah that’s what some are asking and who knows what they sell for.

Best is to used BAT and assume others identical sell for 10% more.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Why don’t you just post the link to the car ,.. it’s not like someone here is going to jump on it, lol.

62 s to high in my opinion but yeah that’s what some are asking and who knows what they sell for.

I just saw a similar car sell for 75k.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Ha! Post me a link to yours if youre serious!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Interesting I had it posted in the vehicles section of the forum for a long long ... time.
Looks like there are none for sale now on this site, guess when we swapped the sites all of those previous listing did not transfer?

This was the car I was thinking your were looking at
CarGurus - 2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe RWD - $94,900

Pictures of mine below, I was 100% serious about selling before. I wanted funds to build my lake house (I don't do debt), but now I'm currently trying to figure out were to stuff my extra cash so... less interested.

If you check out carguru the 1999 red one with red trim wheels I met the guy really took care of that one, its in tomball, tx with 40K, they are asking $65K. (looks really sharp in person but he really put a lot of red in the car some people may not like it)

The current ask is 65 to 105K for the Gen2's which is WOW

Wonder what a second owner clear carfax 2001 black interior on solid sapphire with 120K daily driver would go for w/ exhaust, headers, HRE's 19, Geforce 3.73, high end stereo would sell for with a bunch of extra Gen4 parts. (Your in the market)...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts