Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Sergio and this week i been thinking about pulling the trigger on a 1994 Viper with 17k miles for 39k dlls .
Car does not come with any accessories like windows or soft top. This has been my dream car since i was a kid. The car is currently 8 hours away from me so they sent me some pictures and i saw one that looked like a leak on the valve cover but im not too sure. I will post some pictures. Please let me know if i should move foward with this im kind of nervous. They are holding the car till tomorrow for me. Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my name is Sergio and this week i been thinking about pulling the trigger on a 1994 Viper with 17k miles for 39k dlls .
Car does not come with any accessories like windows or soft top. This has been my dream car since i was a kid. The car is currently 8 hours away from me so they sent me some pictures and i saw one that looked like a leak on the valve cover but im not too sure. I will post some pictures. Please let me know if i should move foward with this im kind of nervous. They are holding the car till tomorrow for me. Thanks!!
Sergio, check out my new 1994Viper Alley listing of an 11K miles car in excellent condition. Very Low mileage cars are bringing big money and will continue to grow if you keep the mileage low. My car is in excellent condition and has had no issues. My email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There isn't anything unusual about them. So why would you join here, post that you need to know all about vipers as quickly as possible because the dealer is "holding" this one for you? If that dealer had a sale right now, he would sell out his own mother to move that car. Do some reading on here, be patient, there are a lot of vipers still being sold right now and there will be more as the economy tanks in the future.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Hard to tell by the pictures (can't zoom in), but it looks like there is significant heat damage to the side sill panel on the passenger side. There appears to be a black circle in the red paint. Original plug wires are trashed by now. I would look for one an individual is selling vs a dealer who knows nothing about these cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hard to tell by the pictures (can't zoom in), but it looks like there is significant heat damage to the side sill panel on the passenger side. There appears to be a black circle in the red paint. Original plug wires are trashed by now. I would look for one an individual is selling vs a dealer who knows nothing about these cars.
yes the pictures suck they sent me this weird format that i cant zoom in either. I think the black part that you see is just a decal or something . Ill post another picture. Thanks for your opinion! You are right a dealer will just try to make the sale and wont really know anything about the car.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,928 Posts
•HVAC air intake plenum cracked.
•Huge front fascia to hood gap.
•Four ribbed magnesium intake replaced with three rib aluminum intake in '94, this has the 4 ribs. Could be early on the assembly or replacement.

Good luck. I'm sure Someone else more knowledgeable is about to chime in.

·
Impartial person
14,171 Posts
yes the pictures suck they sent me this weird format that i cant zoom in either. I think the black part that you see is just a decal or something . Ill post another picture. Thanks for your opinion! You are right a dealer will just try to make the sale and wont really know anything about the car.
[/QUOTE]

That's a Sneaky Pete decal for Shure. Strange place for it though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Take your time finding the right viper. Took me three years before one popped up on craigslist locally. Fit almost every criteria I had on my list. Note: make a list of things you must have and a list of deal breakers. Keep close to that list and you will not be disappointed. One of my big things was number of prior owners and no modifications. Any more than 3 owners was a no-no for me. You want one as original as you can get. Looks like the one you chose has gen 2 wheels. As noted before, it may be an early 94 model. Hard top is critical as is newish tires. You're buying a beast of a car and you will need time to learn how to drive it, really. It's like nothing else you've driven in the past. If the seller is making you feel rushed, don't fall for it. Very few people are out looking for 26 year old vipers. Look locally so you can see the car in person and drive it. Buying site unseen is bad. Once you get one, enjoy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts