Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...In my search of perfecting hood pad art methods, and getting it down to a reasonable amount of time...finally, I've struck gold...A friend of mine did these emblems out of 3M ScotchCal...Applying these took about an hour for the Sneaky Pete and about 10 minutes for the Viper...looks amazing...and anyone can do this...The Sneaky Pete emblem takes some technique, so buy two, they are way cheap...email Bob for ordering [email protected]

You will not believe how easy this is...Get a little creative with the area above the Sneaky Pete...3M ScotchCal comes in alot of different colors...even Yellow! NO CHROME...the chrome ScotchCal does not stretch...trust me, that is the first color I tried...but silver, red, yellow, blue...pretty much anything else...just drop Bob and email...Minus my R&D costs...I've got about $30 in decals into on this pad...When you get your decals, drop me a note for further installation tips and hints...

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/14MVC-003S.JPG[/image]

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Gerald, i like that!

What do i need to do? Order a set and it is a assemble yourself type of thing or what? Do i send my pad to him and it gets done?

I am such a poser but i seriously like the look of the colored pad under the hood!

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Par...You back in town...I have a package for you...ship it?

All you have to do is order up the Sneaky Pete emblem, and decide what you want up top...email Bob and see if he can do it for you, he may already have templates for what you want...You can handle it all over email and he takes Paypal...

Then you pull your pad, and lay the decals, patience is the key to laying the Sneaky Pete emblem...Like I said, get two, one to practice with, then the real one...they are cheap enough...

You'll have to buy 19 new clips for your pad, most will break when they are removed...don't buy them from Mopar, they can be had at your local parts store cheap...box of 25 I believe...

The last thing I did was lay about 4 coats of high temp clear over the emblems, just for added heat protection, probably not necassary, but call me anal...

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Gerald,

yeah i'm back in town! Or rather, i am about 150 miles north of my home, but at least i am in the same state as the one i have residence in /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Go ahead and ship the stuff Gerald. I'll be home and ready to start working on it shortly! For those of you curious what this is about, it's for mine and Geralds super stealthy project code named "A Kick from Down Below"... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And Gerald, i think i am going back to my original idea of fiber glassing the enclosures. I'm thinking it will give me that much more extra leverage and poser value... ;)

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glass is good...I just need the deminsions and thickness...

Order those decals...it's an easy afternoon poser mod...

Shipping your "super secret sensitive stealthy" material tomorrow after work!

Please maintain radio silence for operational security...Whatever you do, don't tell Geraldo Rivera...He'll be sketching the plans in a dune on the Iraqi desert for the whole world to see...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts