Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased a 2000 Red GTS Viper with only 5500miles on it last weekend. I am very happy with the car so far. I have been driving vettes for years and still have a 90 ZR1 and a 99vert. For bone stock this thing is very impressive. And i can't believe how much attention it attracts. Definalty not the car to take if your in a bad mood and do not want to talk to people. Anyway, my only 2 complaints are the exhaust note sucks and for some reason the brakes squeek, and the pedal feel isn't that great. Anyway, i run B&B exhaust on both my vettes with headers and cats so i was considering doing the same on the viper and i wanted some input. I would like to see at least 35hp/torque gain so hopefull this thing will run high 11's. Is the B&B header any good, and which size primary tubes are best. How does the B&B 3" with the x pipe and 3"cats sound compared to the corsa? I don't want it to be so loud that i can't carry on a conversation in the car but now its just quiet and wird sounding, the sound doesn't match the cars personality, looks, or performance. Any input would be appreciated. Also, what kind of brake pads are good on these cars? Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Search and ye shall find.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Stock exhaust sux. Plan on headers, probably hi-flow cats, and Borla, Corsa, BB, whatever your taste, exhaust. I like Brakeman 3 pads with slotted rotors.
Exhaust sound clips may be found through searching here, or at the morgue. (viperclub.org).

Goodluck!

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
B&B makes a great product for headers; I would recommend the Corsa 3" exhaust with the polished tips.

Think ahead on what you want to do with header application; some brands flow better than others given what sort of power adder you stick on top of them. The sound is all subjective, but from what I've heard, the Belangers are a much sharper sounding header than the B&B.

As far as brakepads go, EBC makes some quiet "greenstuff" pads which also eliminate the brake dust problem. Many people go for those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.