Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Venom from bumper for my 1993 Venom 550 Viper, I was wondering if anyone knew if you are supposed to get new foglights? the stock ones will not fit on my car at all..the bracket is diffreent and the stock lamps are about 1 inch larger..

I tried emailing Hennessey Performance several months ago but never got an answer on this question... Anyone here know?

Thanks all!

Patrick.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I believe the early aero kit was designed by Steve Everit and built in the UK by Rawlsons, its probably a cheap euro part. Got any part numbers on the back of the lamp ? The early OE fog lamps are VW golf, mark 2.

http://www.jerico.demon.co.uk/rawlson/industri.htm
There's a guy in the club who brought the original moulds, after they closed down the operation

JH :
Met the guy a couple of weeks ago at Goodwood who had the very first aero RT kit fitted to his car. He sold it on shortly afterwards, but the 2nd owner owner has had it all the time since, spotted it at Lemans in 2002, it was again there this year as well

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I have on also, I think you need Gen 2 fog lamps to work properly. (I cut out the gen 2 bracket and custom made one to use my gen 1 lamps) You could also cut out the fiberglass and just urtheane in the gen1 lamps)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your info...

JH- I understand about the lost email /images/graemlins/smiles But these fog lamps just dont fit...do you think that there is a chance that this is a gen 2 bumper? I have a gen 1 viper..the bumper fits but the fog lamps absolutley do not.

I bought this bumper from Jason Tarnutzer (guy who stole it from you) Maybe you can remember if he had a gen 1 or 2?

If I do need the gen 2 lamps do you have any and how much could you sell em to me for.

Thanks John

Patrick.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I am pretty sure there is only one style (gen2) You can make your lamps fit, but you will need to modify the back, PM me and I will contact you and explain.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
MULLINS5 said:
Thanks everyone for your info...

JH- I understand about the lost email /images/graemlins/smiles But these fog lamps just dont fit...do you think that there is a chance that this is a gen 2 bumper? I have a gen 1 viper..the bumper fits but the fog lamps absolutley do not.

I bought this bumper from Jason Tarnutzer (guy who stole it from you) Maybe you can remember if he had a gen 1 or 2?

If I do need the gen 2 lamps do you have any and how much could you sell em to me for.

Thanks John

Patrick.
Jason's car was a GTS - so Gen II. Get the fog lights either used from Jon B. or new from Chuck Tator. If I remember correctly they are not cheap - $150 each?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts