Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Enlightened
25,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so you've see 'em all day as I've been "playing" and so here's the way it works: If you have a Viper Owner Profile for a Viper you have owned or own, then you can select a thumbnail to be used for a "post icon" and it will be displayed in each of your posts with a link to your Viper Profile. The icons appear in the upper right corner of a post and are "floating", so text wrap by them if there is that much text.

You can change your icon simply by selecting the "post icon" link under the thumbnail of the image you want to use on your Owner Profile (you can get to your owner profile by clicking on the MY VIPER link under your name to the left or if you already have an icon just by clicking on the icon).

I wrote a script to pick up the default image for everyone who has one, so we already have alot of icons being used.

As always, I'd like your feedback; I thought this would be a fun way to link people's car profiles to their posts. Another possible addition would be a preview of the last photo a user has uploaded, but that might be a bit much.

· Hooray for me, & fuck you
7,751 Posts
:thumb:

· Landscaping Professional
14,104 Posts
I like it!

· Registered
3,284 Posts
I think it's very cool.:thumb: I find myself looking at the members pics a lot more now that the little thumbnail is up there ready to click on.

I imagine we'll hear some "elitist" comments though. /images/graemlins/blah /images/graemlins/blah

7,751 Posts
deleted my profile?

blah... a whole bunch of people listed in owners.. arent owners either..

7,751 Posts
Schill said:
I deleted my gallery, but am still seeing a picture. How do I delete my profile?
aparently packet junkie does it

7,751 Posts
RedSnake said:
Nice feature! ryan, you can borrow pics of my car if you'd like...

:leaving:
shhhh before they start making you post a VIN number on signup..

· Enlightened
25,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I didn't really intend for it to be used to put up pictures of other cars. I won't police who is or isn't an owner, but the concept of the Owners Area is a place where people can show off their Vipers (either ones they owned or ones they have owned); this isn't the Viper Owners website, so I don't think its unreasonable to include previous Vipers people have owned as the information about them can be useful to others (since this section links to the Product Reviews section).

If people are posting information about cars they haven't owned, then they should remove them.

7,751 Posts
packetjunkie said:
they should remove them.

guess i should remove the viperalley stickers off the damn chevy too now.

im just a fuckin poser.

· Enlightened
25,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would hope not!

I mean there is no reason we can't open up the system to other types of cars, I'd just have to do some work to allow people to input different makes/models and then build some kind of index to allow people to view, say, just Vipers or any other brand.

I think the index has value and being a "viper" site, I just always assumed it would be a listing for Vipers.

Am I thinking too much about this because you're just needling me or are you really interested in profiling other types of cars?

· Enlightened
25,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, wait. Fuck you, Ryan0! Smackie tells me I try to make everyone happy and end up creating more work for myself.... so it is what it is! Vipers Only! Join the Geo board and make your own profile there, dammit! So there! How do you like them apples? pfffft!

7,751 Posts
packetjunkie said:
I mean there is no reason we can't open up the system to other types of cars.
that was a very PC answer.. what kind of elitist viper snob are you?.. youre giving smokin a bad name.. first the mods go soft.. now the admins. must be the xmas spirit.

packetjunkie said:
Am I thinking too much about this because you're just needling me or are you really interested in profiling other types of cars?
youre thinking too much.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.