Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bit the bullet and had the exhaust upgraded. Amazing difference!!!
I had a flange put on right before the cat, had the old setup flanged, then threw it into the garage if i ever need to throw it on in the future. The new exhaust is a 3" system with Magnaflow 6" round free flow mufflers that have the 3" interior diameters and the system exits with a mandrel bent turn. Amazingly enough the car is MUCH quieter than before at idle, while it is really throaty when the rpm's are above 3500. I can actually have conversations in the car when driving down the highway now.. without destroying my vocal cords from yelling. No drone noticed either. I wish i had a dyno in my area because there seems to be a noticeable improvement with responsiveness and acceleration. I think I have gotten the best of both worlds.. a reduction in noise and more power all in one shot. I think getting rid of the cats and going to the 3" made a huge difference. I am heading to the shop today to settle my bill so I'll let you guys know later what it set me back by. Maybe I will get really adventuresome and try and make a sound clip.

/images/graemlins/dude

· Registered
6,166 Posts
Roadkill said:
Yesterday I bit the bullet and had the exhaust upgraded. Amazing difference!!!
I had a flange put on right before the cat, had the old setup flanged, then threw it into the garage if i ever need to throw it on in the future. The new exhaust is a 3" system with Magnaflow 6" round free flow mufflers that have the 3" interior diameters and the system exits with a mandrel bent turn. Amazingly enough the car is MUCH quieter than before at idle, while it is really throaty when the rpm's are above 3500. I can actually have conversations in the car when driving down the highway now.. without destroying my vocal cords from yelling. No drone noticed either. I wish i had a dyno in my area because there seems to be a noticeable improvement with responsiveness and acceleration. I think I have gotten the best of both worlds.. a reduction in noise and more power all in one shot. I think getting rid of the cats and going to the 3" made a huge difference. I am heading to the shop today to settle my bill so I'll let you guys know later what it set me back by. Maybe I will get really adventuresome and try and make a sound clip.

/images/graemlins/dude

I noticed the same thing when going to the 3 inch dynomax muffs!!! :thumb:

· Registered
1,383 Posts
/pseudo hijack

Does anyone have Borla 3" mufflers on a sidepipe car? I have these, Hennessey 3" cats, and Valaya headers. Much resonance.
I'm thinking of trying Magnaflow, but don't want to do it if I'm not pretty sure that'll help.

end pseudo hijack/

Congrats on your new exhaust, Roadkill! Post dyno results when you get them!

· Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XS TORQ said:
/pseudo hijack

Does anyone have Borla 3" mufflers on a sidepipe car? I have these, Hennessey 3" cats, and Valaya headers. Much resonance.
I'm thinking of trying Magnaflow, but don't want to do it if I'm not pretty sure that'll help.

end pseudo hijack/

Being that there is no dyno shop within 100 miles it may be a while Mark.. Do you feel like a roadtrip? The coast is nice right now and the exhaust shop is around the corner from my place. :thumb:

· RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
XS TORQ said:
/pseudo hijack

end pseudo hijack/

Denny has the Borlas on one of his RTs IIRC.

Check with him tonight after he gets dones eating his Spam dinner. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.