Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to West Coast Viper this am to get new corsa, and random tech exhaust installed. The car is stock right now except for k&n and smooth tubes. I will post the before and after dynos tonight. I cant wait to hear the new sound.

Mark

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
ssssssnake said:
Went to West Coast Viper this am to get new corsa, and random tech exhaust installed. The car is stock right now except for k&n and smooth tubes. I will post the before and after dynos tonight. I cant wait to hear the new sound.

Mark
Mark, I have the same setup as you. This sound really kicks ass over stock. You should feel a little in the seat. I did. :nod:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Looks like your car is Sapphire, thus an '01. Curious to hear the numbers on a creampuff.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Mark:
That is an excellent choice... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif I got the exact same thing. I am curious as to the increase myself. The bad thing is that I haven't found any respectiful place around here that has a dyno machine. /images/graemlins/down Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
494 Posts
With same mods but with stock cats on my '01, I dynoed 431RWHP/469RWTQ. Unfortunately, my stock baseline was done on a Mustang dyno rather than DynoJet, so not sure about actual increase I got with these changes.

You should like the sound of the Corsa and HF cats. I did mine in stages and the HF cats really increased the sound volume over the Corsa alone. Headers will change the tone, but not make it much louder.

--- Ken

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
KenH said:
With same mods but with stock cats on my '01, I dynoed 431RWHP/469RWTQ. Unfortunately, my stock baseline was done on a Mustang dyno rather than DynoJet, so not sure about actual increase I got with these changes.

You should like the sound of the Corsa and HF cats. I did mine in stages and the HF cats really increased the sound volume over the Corsa alone. Headers will change the tone, but not make it much louder.

--- Ken
Ken, have you heard the setup with and without headers? I have been told that at idle and cruising speed, there is no difference, but when you hammer it she screams like a banshee.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am picking the car up in a few hours. I will post the dyno sheets. I held off on the headers for now, as the increase in hp would not be a big jump. When I go for other mods I will then go for the Belanger headers.

Mark

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Mark:
I agree, everyone has told me until i get a S/C or something the headers are not worth the money. Fortunately, I will be getting a Roe S/C in May (hopefully, if production does not get delayed). Congrats on your purchase...can't wait till i see the dyno sheets.
Be

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm having trouble posting the dyno sheets so they are big enough to read. If anyone can host and post them I can e-mail them.

My best run stock was 407rwhp 442 torque, and after the cats and corsa my best run was 425rwhp 460 torque. Gain of 18hp at the wheels, and 18 torque.

Not too bad. The sound is awesome! It sounds like a race boat to me. The look of the tips are amazing. West Coast Viper did a great job.

Mark

·
Registered
494 Posts
MHQC said:
KenH said:

--- Ken
Ken, have you heard the setup with and without headers? I have been told that at idle and cruising speed, there is no difference, but when you hammer it she screams like a banshee.
I did my setup in 3 stages. Corsa alone, then added 3" HF cats and then added Belanger headers. The headers seem about the same at idle to me, though it has a more baritone sound to it. It does seem a bit louder at full throttle with the headers but not a huge difference. That is with steel headers, perhaps the SS ones are different.
--- Ken

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
From what I have been told SS has a higher pitch compared to steel.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
J DAWG said:
From what I have been told SS has a higher pitch compared to steel.
I heard that too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not sure if the year matters that much but with my full TNT system (headers, hi-flows and exhaust) I dynoed 455hp and 490tq. so maybe headers do make some difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.