Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up tonight, 1987 Rx-7 with a 350 in it. Needs a little bit of work, has no guage cluster, but it's pretty fuckin quick. I'll put up pics in a few days, but I'm definately excited to get rid of that shitbox 240sx.

Best $2300 I ever spent.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Grit said:
Picked her up tonight, 1987 Rx-7 with a 350 in it. Needs a little bit of work, has no guage cluster, but it's pretty fuckin quick. I'll put up pics in a few days, but I'm definately excited to get rid of that shitbox 240sx.

Best $2300 I ever spent.
/images/graemlins/fgay

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
wow neck and ricer combined. Tough to pull off.

Have fun with a bent frame.

·
Out to lunch
10,529 Posts
Schillinger said:
How would a 350 fit in an RX7 bay?
I saw the car last night. What a POS! Other than that, the 350 fits rather nice, lots of room. Has headers and I would say it has more room than the C4 it came out of.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
There are four of them here in Jax that I know of. I've been told they're very damned fast. I was also surprised that a 350 would fit, but as if that isn't enough, one is about to get the twin-turbo treatment...

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts
Grit, please post pictures. Ordinarily I would say don't post pictures, because they might also include images of you, and I don't want to see that, certainly. But I'll make an exception this time. Post the car, and--most importantly--the engine in the car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It died today on me, fuel filter went out, 6 hours of waiting for a fucking tow truck. I should have it up tomorrow afternoon, and will get some videos of me doing stupid 'neck shit in it up ASAP.

Should have it at the track this weekend if its dry, I've been told it runs low 13's, we shall see.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey Grit, bring it out to Military on Sunday for some fun. Love to see that setup. There is a 280Z with a 350 and NOS prowling the streets, so it might be fun..

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
They put a lot of LS1 V8's in the newer RX-7's ('93-'95). They haul major ass too. Hinson SuperCars does the conversions. They make for a very nible autocross car and end up weighing 50/50 front and rear. (2,850lbs)

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Mark O said:
McGuireV10 said:
I was also surprised that a 350 would fit
I've seen a 427 Chevy in an MG Midget, so a 350 in an RX7 is a piece of cake. :nod:
Got a buddy with a 454 in a Beetle,,,, /images/graemlins/shocked /images/graemlins/shocked /images/graemlins/shocked /images/graemlins/shocked

Mazda has lotsa room... :thumb:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Working on getting it to the track, still needs a complete re-wire, and I'm having some rubbing problems between the rear tires and fenders (245's a bit too big) I replaced the strut on the side it was rubbing, but now of course its rubbing on the other side, should have the other side fixed by this weekend, and am going to try getting a spring lift kit to stiffen the stock springs up. If none of that works, I'm just going to cut the fenders and fiberglass on some flares.

After all that gets fixed, I'm going to round up a 6spd and drop it in, it's a fun car, but auto just isn't my gig.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts