Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom flew in last night to do all the final paperwork. Stand up guy that I would hope the Alley welcomes with open arms. BlownGTS has been detuned to Tom's specs(750 RWHP) on 93 octane. This was the first car I have sold that I questioned whether or not I was doing the right thing. At least it is going to someone who will actually drive and enjoy the damn thing. Not sure what is next, other than putting a supercharger on CTS-V, probably sit tight until the coupe is available (going to be a long 12-18 months). Matt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,050 Posts
detune it, no offense but thats BS, just control your foot. damn, that really hurts hearing about a car like that getting its wings clipped. shoulda just put a six cylinder in it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
detune it, no offense but thats BS, just control your foot. damn, that really hurts hearing about a car like that getting its wings clipped. shoulda just put a six cylinder in it!
I know. For a car that set leaps and bounds in the Viper performance aftermarket, and was the first of its kind, it's a shame to see it stripped of it's greatness. /images/graemlins/sad

I hope the new owner grows some balls and brings her back up to spec soon. :nod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ROLLMODEL said:
V10 MOJO said:
detune it, no offense but thats BS, just control your foot. damn, that really hurts hearing about a car like that getting its wings clipped. shoulda just put a six cylinder in it!
I know. For a car that set leaps and bounds in the Viper performance aftermarket, and was the first of its kind, it's a shame to see it stripped of it's greatness. /images/graemlins/sad

I hope the new owner grows some balls and brings her back up to spec soon. :nod:
Guys easy. Tom K is a good guy and this is his first real powerful car. I think he will bring it back up in due time. He went out in Brian's and was blown away at the difference between 950+ and 750 rwhp. He is just being cautious which I can appreicate. Thanks for all the compliments on the car too. Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,943 Posts
BlownGTS said:
ROLLMODEL said:
V10 MOJO said:
detune it, no offense but thats BS, just control your foot. damn, that really hurts hearing about a car like that getting its wings clipped. shoulda just put a six cylinder in it!
I know. For a car that set leaps and bounds in the Viper performance aftermarket, and was the first of its kind, it's a shame to see it stripped of it's greatness. /images/graemlins/sad

I hope the new owner grows some balls and brings her back up to spec soon. :nod:
Guys easy. Tom K is a good guy and this is his first real powerful car. I think he will bring it back up in due time. He went out in Brian's and was blown away at the difference between 950+ and 750 rwhp. He is just being cautious which I can appreicate. Thanks for all the compliments on the car too. Matt

Matt it's a 1033 rwhp to you sir :rofl: :nod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2MANYTOYS said:
BlownGTS said:
ROLLMODEL said:
V10 MOJO said:
detune it, no offense but thats BS, just control your foot. damn, that really hurts hearing about a car like that getting its wings clipped. shoulda just put a six cylinder in it!
I know. For a car that set leaps and bounds in the Viper performance aftermarket, and was the first of its kind, it's a shame to see it stripped of it's greatness. /images/graemlins/sad

I hope the new owner grows some balls and brings her back up to spec soon. :nod:
Guys easy. Tom K is a good guy and this is his first real powerful car. I think he will bring it back up in due time. He went out in Brian's and was blown away at the difference between 950+ and 750 rwhp. He is just being cautious which I can appreicate. Thanks for all the compliments on the car too. Matt

Matt it's a 1033 rwhp to you sir :rofl: :nod:
Bastard:slap:.........................Nice avatar :clap: Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,943 Posts
BlownGTS said:
2MANYTOYS said:
BlownGTS said:
ROLLMODEL said:
V10 MOJO said:
detune it, no offense but thats BS, just control your foot. damn, that really hurts hearing about a car like that getting its wings clipped. shoulda just put a six cylinder in it!
I know. For a car that set leaps and bounds in the Viper performance aftermarket, and was the first of its kind, it's a shame to see it stripped of it's greatness. /images/graemlins/sad

I hope the new owner grows some balls and brings her back up to spec soon. :nod:
Guys easy. Tom K is a good guy and this is his first real powerful car. I think he will bring it back up in due time. He went out in Brian's and was blown away at the difference between 950+ and 750 rwhp. He is just being cautious which I can appreicate. Thanks for all the compliments on the car too. Matt

Matt it's a 1033 rwhp to you sir :rofl: :nod:
Bastard:slap:.........................Nice avatar :clap: Matt


Matt your not BlownGts anymore. Your an unblown Cadillac /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :rofl: :bowdown: :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Gentlemen,
I figured I better chime in here. First of all, thanks to Matt and Kevin/KC of UndgergroundRacing.com, and Brian Anderson. What a great group of guys. I can't wait to see you all again. But I really can't wait to get the car down here.

Now to clarify for ROLLMODEL & V10 MOJO...The main reason the car was detuned, was to run on 93 octane pump gas down here in Tampa. The NC crew is lucky enough to have 100 octane in the pumps up there. Don't forget, this is a stock engine, with no block or headwork done. I had it de-tuned to a miserable 750rwhp for longevity's sake. It has already proved itself, I don't feel the need to beat it to its death. When the time comes, believe me, I will have the engine built...but also tuned for 93. I think Brian's car on 93 put down like 960 or something awesome like that. Don't get me wrong, I loved the car at 925, but I just don't have the fuel for that tuning...period.

Tom K
96 GTS Supercharged by www.UndergroundRacing.com
 

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
Joined
·
4,287 Posts
Dr. Roof is now residing in Orlando.......

David bring the TT for some practice runs down a GOOD track. Bradenton is only 1.5 hours from there.


Orlando is a DEATH track for fast cars...... They do not know that VHT is or they add too much water to it.


Cudaman:flag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
Tommy K said:
Gentlemen,
I figured I better chime in here. First of all, thanks to Matt and Kevin/KC of UndgergroundRacing.com, and Brian Anderson. What a great group of guys. I can't wait to see you all again. But I really can't wait to get the car down here.

Now to clarify for ROLLMODEL & V10 MOJO...The main reason the car was detuned, was to run on 93 octane pump gas down here in Tampa. The NC crew is lucky enough to have 100 octane in the pumps up there. Don't forget, this is a stock engine, with no block or headwork done. I had it de-tuned to a miserable 750rwhp for longevity's sake. It has already proved itself, I don't feel the need to beat it to its death. When the time comes, believe me, I will have the engine built...but also tuned for 93. I think Brian's car on 93 put down like 960 or something awesome like that. Don't get me wrong, I loved the car at 925, but I just don't have the fuel for that tuning...period.

Tom K
96 GTS Supercharged by www.UndergroundRacing.com
I wasn't aware that the car ran 100 octane. Good choice, for now. But in a couple of months, you can bet quite few people on this site will be asking if it's back to godzilla status. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top