Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Well, you asked for feedback, so Im going to give you my :twocents:. They look like they should be on a civic.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wheels will have an off-set and a dish. We are also looking at doing another design with 6 or 7 spokes that are thicker. Thanks for the comments!

The wheel pictured is for an Audi RS6.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Carrot - thanks for the feedback, that is exactly what I want before commiting to a large order of wheels.
No problem. That wheel looks like it belongs on a S6, and it would probably look good on it. I thought that was for a Viper. /images/graemlins/freak

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I agree that they should be deep dish. I like the spokes, but they look like they should be on a front wheel drive car. If they were inset, it would be a different story.

What are you going to be asking for them?

Chip

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is great feedback, thanks guys. Yes, the production Viper wheel will have an agressive lip between the spokes and the outside of the rim. This has to be there due to the width of the rim. But until you can see this, I am sure it will be hard to get a true feel for the final look.

Carrot - the pic of the wheel is a production wheel for the Audi RS6. If we build it for the Viper it will have the same spoke design but the wheel will be wider and incorporate the lip.

We will try to keep them under $4,000 for a set of 4. The CCW 19's will cost less and the HRE and Forgelines will cost more.

I think that our 19's will be the lightest 19 in. wheel on the market.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I think the basic design is good. THe wheel definitely needs a deep dish, and offer it in full polish. Even one less spoke would give the wheel a more aggressive look.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys - thanks again for the great feedback.

Smoke - thanks for the feedback. We plan to also offer a 6 or 7 spoke wheel with a thicker spoke that would have a 546 look to it. Full polish with clear coat and triple plate chrome will be available as options.

Once we have a Viper specific CAD design done, complete with correct wheel back spacing dimensions we will post the drawing. We may do a rendering with the wheels on a Gen 2 and Gen 3 for better visualization.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.