Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Transportation? Gary\'s the man!

Hey everyone, I have been reading the forums for a long time now but this is going to be my first post. I got my first Snake yesterday! She is a 96, Ketchup and Mustard RT/10. I am 27 and had dreamed about owning a viper throughout my college and grad school days. I had been saving up and researching vipers for almost 2 years and yesterday my dream finally came true. Well enough about me...let me tell you about the guy who went out of his way to transport the Viper. My pal Gary Almond. Gary is the coolest guy on earth! After having a terrible experience arranging transportation for the Viper (she was in Louisiana and needed to get to Virginia) with a couple of well renowned exotic car transportation companies, I read about Gary on the Forums. Gary was by far more professional and meticulous than any transportation company I had spoken to and had an impeccable reputation in the Viper circles. Given that he transports 1 viper at a time in a fully enclosed, secure and "trailer-cam" monitored trailer and transports the car quicker than anyone else, Gary's rates are very competitive. Above all, Gary is a viper owner and treats your car with meticulous care and respect.

Gary kept me up-to-date with all the details on his way to the dealership in Louisiana and inspected the car thoroughly when he picked it up. All in all it took Gary 2.5 days to pick up and deliver the car to me! No other transporter would be able to top that. Most of the estimates quoted me a pick-up time of 7-10 days and a delivery time of 5-7 days!

Gary's assistance didn't end there. The Viper had been sitting for a while and I guess the battery was kind of old so it wouldn't start. I felt depressed but Gary helped me push it all way up to my garage and then helped me jump start it. Oh, did I mention that it was raining? Gary spent another 30 minutes telling me about the car and giving me invaluable hints and pointers!

All in all working with Gary was an awesome experience and I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking to transport their Viper!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Re: Need Transportation? Gary\'s the man!

WOW!! Thanks for the great plug! Now I just need to figure out how to put that on an epitaph or something. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

It was a pleasure working with you and I was glad that everything worked out. I left Baton Rouge at 7 pm on Tuesday and got to your house (Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC) at 8 pm on Wednesday. Now that was a whirlwind tour!

I'll never forget seeing you and your brother practically running to the trailer when I pulled up. Your car is in excellent condition and I know you'll have a blast with it. I still remember seeing my very first Viper on the street and it was a red/yellow RT/10. I knew at that point I had to have one too!

Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

Congrats on your new Viper !! I concur with your comments regarding Gary , you just can't ask for anybody better to transport your automobile ! The fact that he is a hell of a nice guy is just an added bonus :thumb:

·
Registered
129 Posts

Congrats on the new car! It sounds like Gary is a great guy and an excellent choice for transportation.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts

Trust is a big thing in business - especially when dealing with something that means a lot to you - like your vipers...

I totally trust Gary. He seems to treat each car like it was his own on its first delivery - it doesn't get better than that.

·
Registered
220 Posts

I can agree with all above, Gary transported my car, just after i bought it,
from ft lauderdale to baltimore without a problem and yes he is a very nice guy
and more than welcome to stay at my place next time he comes over to Europe. :nod:

·
Banned Since 2003
17,767 Posts

Gary is the man!!

He took care of my ACR delivery without any worries.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Isn't Gary the guy that has camera's mounted focused on the towed vehicle where he can watch the car while he's driving? Or am I thinking of someone else?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

Gerald Levin said:
Isn't Gary the guy that has camera's mounted focused on the towed vehicle where he can watch the car while he's driving? Or am I thinking of someone else?
"Given that he transports 1 viper at a time in a fully enclosed, secure and "trailer-cam" monitored trailer and transports the car quicker than anyone else,"

Yup, very cool. :nod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.