Viper Alley banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With this deal you can get in cheap and easy, and already have an exit strategy in case you want to try something new in a couple of years. :burn:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Great looking car GLWS.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dropped the monthly lease payment a bit with an incentive as seen here 2013 SRT Viper lease in Mission Viejo, CA

If someone local wants to purchase it I could drop the price down to $88k if we can find a dealer willing to do an "in-and-out" deal for us. In addition, if someone out of the area wants to purchase it they can simply go through the lease takeover motions and once the paperwork is completed and transferred they opt to buy it out for the $88k payoff. This makes the price more in line with other fully loaded GTS's out there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a question about the lease of the Viper? Who did you go throught to lease one? I have been looking at doing a lease to help with my trade I have negative equity in...

·
RMPL
21,462 Posts
If you have negative equity in your current car, leasing a Viper isn't a good financial move. Pay off the car over time, buy a house, and buy a Viper for cash as a toy when you can.

Otherwise you will spend a lifetime paying interest and leases.

Get in a place where money works for you, not you working for money.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you have negative equity in your current car, leasing a Viper isn't a good financial move. Pay off the car over time, buy a house, and buy a Viper for cash as a toy when you can.

Otherwise you will spend a lifetime paying interest and leases.

Get in a place where money works for you, not you working for money.
I understand. I own two houses currently and have owned many different cars over the years. I just some how got a bad deal on my last trade and now owe more than my current vehicle is worth in the market. I know the best course of action is to keep paying on the vehicle over time and pay more when I can to knock down the loan balance.

Just have read a few different things saying leasing a vehicle can eliminate negative equity also. Lease the vehicle for three years, roll over the negative equity into it. The paymaent will more because of the extre tacked on the cap. But in the end of the lease you can turn the car in and be completely even and owe nothing. Down side is, higher payment due to the negative equity and nothing to show for it in three years from the payments.

·
RMPL
21,462 Posts
Well done on the houses.

I don't think anyone over the age of 25 should have a loan or lease on a car. Fresh out of school, get something affordable with a loan that pays off quickly. Keep the car, save the amount that most people are paying out every month, and you will be far ahead financially. When you need a car, you'll have the cash.

Now this is where people rush in and say they can write off a lease or interest payments and their accountant says that's far smarter. I have an office of over 100 Realtors in Vancouver, Canada that can write off their car costs. The "smart" ones that used leases and loans have ended up with crappy net worth and still have to work their asses off. The ones that lived below their means and kept the clear title car a little longer magically own more real estate, stocks and other assets and only are working because they want to, or have retired to places like San Diego.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. (I just am one :)) I really try to put information out there that might change the financial lives of a small portion of those that read it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
"Hey,

I owned a 2006 Dodge Viper few years back and ended up trading it in for a Cadillac CTSV. Now i am wanting to get back into a Viper. I am driving a 2014 Ford F-150 Supercrew Platinum truck currently, traded a 2014 Shelby GT500 in on it.. I have some how owe (57k) more on the truck than it is worth (42k - 45k)and need to figure a way to get into something that might hold it value better than a truck over the next few years and get me back in the black. Truck was just over 63k new with all options.

I want to stick in the $1200-1400 month range and was really wanting to do a lease. But most dealerships I have talked to said they don't do lease on Vipers. I would also not be against a used gen v viper to finance outright with a bank loan. As it appears right now my only option it to wait and keep paying on the truck until the loan balance catches up with the truck value. "

Kid the last thing you need is a Viper, no offense. Every time you trade one car for another you are leaving money and equity on the table, anywhere from a couple grand to ten grand. You bought the truck and if you own two houses it is more practical than a Viper. You also aren't factoring in all sorts of other issues, insurance, tabs, cost of gas, lease fees for mileage and any damage, maintenance etc. If you can pay 1400 a month than pay that on the truck and in a year you should be caught up.

Listen to the sage advice Sun and others are giving you. Stop burrowing and start accumulating assets. Make two houses four, than a triplex, then an apartment building. Buy stocks while they are down. If you can't write a check today to cover the negative balance on your truck you should look at something lesser. When you are carrying a twelve thousand dollar loss the cure is not to move that onto a three year lease deal. Six months from now you will be trying to figure out how to handle the twenty thousand dollar debt from your current Viper lease. Deal with it head on, trade down some and pay the 1400 a month until the new car is paid off.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW- someone did end up taking over my lease with Ally. I originally put zero money down, paid no upfront sales tax, and got out clean with no out of pocket costs.

Now, had I bought the Viper instead I would have got creamed. Even though I only paid $96k for a $141k MSRP car :)eek:- an excellent price for June of 2014!), the eventual $15k Dodge price drop in addition to an 8% sales tax would have handed me a $20k loss on the sale.

Unforeseen shit happens in life, and this particular lease allowed me to change priorities with little expense. I'd say that was a WIN in my book.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Solid advice in this thread, I'm trying to sell my 5.0 and just settle for an older Acura TL S (daily driver) & save up for that gen 5.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems to me that it depends on what is more convenient for you, as well as on the models of cars that you are selling . Of course, buying in cash is always safer and better, but it happens that they may not be enough. I recently bought a car, but on credit, as I did not have enough money and I decided that it would be better, of course with interest, but for me it is a very profitable option. Think about it yourself. I made my choice with the help of Mortgage Advisor Sheffield , they oversaw the entire process and helped with making the right decision. In your situation, they can help you with the sale. It all depends on what suits you personally.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts