Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?Need some advice??
#360576 - 01/11/04 08:50 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

I am about to do an interior for one of my local club memebers. He has a 98 Silver RT/10 and he has ordered a red interior with black logos on the center console and seats. That parts is easy and decided but the question is....What to do to the outside of the car. He wants stripes and I suggested red to match the interior like this........
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/578silver_viper_red_stripes.jpg[/image]
One of our other club memebers called me tonight and said that he saw a silver Vette today with a red interior and it look awesome but said that if we used red stripes on the car we would ruin it. Now we are going to use vinyl so that everything is reversable. So what do you guys think red or some other color, Keep in mind the interior will be black seat bolsters with red inserts and the console top will be red as well. Thanks in advance.
Chad

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
Red interior? /images/graemlins/puke.gif :twocents:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you not seen it in the Silver Vettes? It look cool. IMO. It will not be an overbearing red but kind of subtle if you can call my interiors subtle. The bolsters will be black and the inserts will be red with black logos. The top of the console will be red with black logo and the sides of the console, knee bolsters, and door panels will be black as well. This my version of subtle. /images/graemlins/bigsmile
Chad

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
SNAKE HYDES said:
Have you not seen it in the Silver Vettes? It look cool. IMO. It will not be an overbearing red but kind of subtle if you can call my interiors subtle. The bolsters will be black and the inserts will be red with black logos. The top of the console will be red with black logo and the sides of the console, knee bolsters, and door panels will be black as well. This my version of subtle. /images/graemlins/bigsmile
Chad
Ok my fault Chad, I thought you were talking about doing the whole seat in Red leather! The way your talking would not look as bad then. I'm not much on red interior on any car but thats just my opinion. Be sure to post some pictures of this car once your done and you might change my mind on red interiors.

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
SNAKE HYDES said:
Will do any advice on the stripe situation
Well I do know that Eric Johnson (former Tn VCA Prez) had a silver RT with chromed ACR's and he had the red stripes on his. I wanting to say it was a DEEP red and it looked awesome. I'll see if I can drum up some pictures of it and post for you to see. As for stripes and the interior-my opinion that would be a lot of red!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I think the Red w/black interior will look good, but the stripes will need to be redone to match the red of the interior, otherwise its going to look mismatched (very bade). Unless of course you cover the seats with the same red that the stripes were done in.

Honeslty though, i think silver/black would be the best combo for that car. It will look the best, in my opinion, and he can keep the stripes as is.

But really, anything will look better than it does now. Brown/Red/Silver :ugh:

Eddie

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
The RT posted has a set of wide stripes, with a set of thin stripes on the outside...

Black wide stipes with red thin accent stripes

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brown/Red/Silver
That is not his car!! But I agree. I would love to find the owner and fix that interior for him because that combo is /images/graemlins/puke.gif

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
jesus christ that combo is hideous. Cognac should be with 3 colors all solid:

Sapphire blue
red
black

DAS IT!

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I'd leave red off that Cognac list.