Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
HOOOOOOOOOLYYYYY SHIT!!! Damn, that about brings a tear to my eye.

Looks like the fire eminated from the exhaust......???

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have seen something similar to that, the fuel solenoid on a nos system got stuck open and kept dumping gas into the motor. The car looked like the bat-mobile going down the highway with three foot flames, it melted the paint right off the bumper.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
PRVT JET said:
I have seen something similar to that, the fuel solenoid on a nos system got stuck open and kept dumping gas into the motor. The car looked like the bat-mobile going down the highway with three foot flames, it melted the paint right off the bumper.
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Your description was priceless...."the batmobile going down the highway with three foot flames". I dunno why, I just found that one funny.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Now that is what I would call a "Hot Ass" [image]http://www.viperalley.com/attach/data/1/352266-Viper_fire_6-7-04_001.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Keep in mind that the stripes are different widths on the two years.

HA HA I'M A VIPER GURU KISS MY ASS!!!!!111

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
OMG! Jamie what the fuck happended!!! You better have this back togather for Carlisle!! Did you try Paul Scharf at Viperwrecks.com?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks like a injector on the left bank stuck open. Notice the left tip is black and most of the melted bumper is on the left side. The right tip is fairly clean.
Bummer /images/graemlins/sad

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
Good luck contacting Scott...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I highly recommend everyone have fire extinguishers in all their vehicles. If I would not have had a cheap little $10.00 one in my car, I for sure, would have lost the whole car. I am still waiting to talk to the insurance company but I can tell you this ... the fire came out of the exhaust pipes (only) which caught the whole back end on fire! Now I'm without a car for at least a couple of weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Jamie, sorry to hear about your car. I hate to see anything happen to someone's car, especially one as clean as yours. I have one of those rear header panels here at the shop that belongs to a customer. It would need to be painted if you're interested.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the input & offers! State Farm Ins. said they'll take care of everything! So if I need anything I'll let you know. How about a viper to drive for the next few weeks, I'm already going into withdrawal! /images/graemlins/sad

1 - 20 of 30 Posts