Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have seen something similar to that, the fuel solenoid on a nos system got stuck open and kept dumping gas into the motor. The car looked like the bat-mobile going down the highway with three foot flames, it melted the paint right off the bumper.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
PRVT JET said:
I have seen something similar to that, the fuel solenoid on a nos system got stuck open and kept dumping gas into the motor. The car looked like the bat-mobile going down the highway with three foot flames, it melted the paint right off the bumper.
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Your description was priceless...."the batmobile going down the highway with three foot flames". I dunno why, I just found that one funny.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,560 Posts
Good luck contacting Scott...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I highly recommend everyone have fire extinguishers in all their vehicles. If I would not have had a cheap little $10.00 one in my car, I for sure, would have lost the whole car. I am still waiting to talk to the insurance company but I can tell you this ... the fire came out of the exhaust pipes (only) which caught the whole back end on fire! Now I'm without a car for at least a couple of weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the input & offers! State Farm Ins. said they'll take care of everything! So if I need anything I'll let you know. How about a viper to drive for the next few weeks, I'm already going into withdrawal! /images/graemlins/sad

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.