Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Bro's......
I just ran across what appears to be the long-awaited solution to getting some thumpin' bass in our rides!! Infinty has just come out with a powered sub enclosure called BassLink. It's a totally self-contained system, with a 10" woofer and a 10" passive radiator PLUS a built-in 200 watt power amp....all in a 14"w X 13"h X 9-7/8"d enclosure!! Looks like it will fit snuggly in the passenger footwell and only take up about 9" of legroom!! And, ya get a remote control with it (just what I need, another remote) Anyway, the cost is less than $350 and it looks like a super easy install job. Guess it's available at any Infinity dealer but I found it in the new Crutchfield catalog...or at crutchfield.com online. Sure sounds like the gonad thumper we've all been waiting for!! As soon as I get my damn Christmas bills paid off, I'm gonna order one.
If anyone beats me to it....please post your results!! Happy Holidays to all!! /images/graemlins/carrot
Denny

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hey bro I liked the way I did it in my Gen I. I replaced the center speakers with JL audio mini subs and enclosed the back of the speaker box with fiberglass sounded great and no loss of leg room. Sorry not pics of the install.
Chad

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Get a quality sub and custom box. They will sound MUCH better...... :)

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I agree with Chad (Snake Hydes). I put a pair of JL Audio W06 (6" subs) in the center console between the seats. The trick to getting solid bass is definitely to seal the bottomless plastic box, then take DynaMat, and add structural rigidity to the inside of the entire flimsy plastic shell, then make sure to put some baffling mat inside to keep the air from rebounding too hard back into the rear of each sub. I've got PLENTY of bass, and I'm only using the two factory Alpine amps that came with my car!! /images/graemlins/dude /images/graemlins/dude /images/graemlins/dude /images/graemlins/dude /images/graemlins/dude

Still using the stock door tweets and mids!! OF course I changed out the head unit for a killer upper line model from Alpine with CD, and built in crossovers. /images/graemlins/dude /images/graemlins/thumb1 /images/graemlins/dude

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Jerome -
I know it is subjective, and one will always get more out of a larger sub, but I can promise I got nice bass. The JL Audio subs need an absolutely "airtight" enclosure. I would be willing to bet, that if someone has tried to do an install like what I described, and did not seal the box 100%, use DyanMat to rigidize the whole enclosure, and then use the baffling mat, they will be disappointed if they are seeking solid bass. I assure you I am not. /images/graemlins/thumbs2

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
11,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bro's..............
Jerome hit it on the money....someone needs to design a bolt-in center console enclosure with room for at least 8" subs! Chad & Thor, I appreciate and respect your input r/e the 6" JL Audio woofers, but they aren't SUB-woofers. I want bass that makes my cookies vibrate. Jerome, I wasn't aware that Infinity intoduced this BassLink a couple years ago.....Sorry!
And SnakeBitten.....if 1999 called and wanted thier pasive radiator back, I wasn't aware of it....because :sleeping:I SLEPT RIGHT THRU 1999!!/images/graemlins/carrot..............................................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts