Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems my dealer doesn't have a flyin fuckin clue as to whats wrong with the outside button on my drivers door. It's been there 3 times and still no solution. I know, go somewhere else. But my car is now put away for the winter and I'd like nothing better than to be able to go back in the spring with the answer or have it already corrected.
So here's what's happening.
Everything works except the outside button, in fact you can hear what sounds like an electrical click coming from the button, but it does not open the door. The inside handle works, so I know the actuator is working. I'm thinking maybe it's the wire between the button and the actuator, but how does the button get power?
Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
There is a micro-switch on the back side of the button that has a small harness running down inside the door. The switch could be bad or the harness could be dis-connected or bad. There is a tiny, and I mean tiny, plastic rivet that holds the harness into the micro-switch and it could also have broken or come out.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I had this problem with my door. First it was just the outside button that wouldnt work, then it was my interior latch that wouldnt work. I had to use the emergency release to open the door. They replaced the EEM, the actuator, and one of the harnesses, but the problem was still there. Ended up ordering a whole new harness for the entire door and that fixed it.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Usually when the harness brakes between to door and the body it will keep both inside and outside releases from working. The same wire gets the signal to the eem when either release is used as I recall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.