Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of adding a quick 8 class at the end of the day and invite Supra's and Vette's to attend the V-10 Nationals.

we will run the fastest 8 Vipers against the fastest Vettes and supra's and such. we will run this last after our full event. I realize this is added racing but thought it would be fun to close out with?

what do you think?

leave it Strictly Vipers or Add the additional class???

·
Premium Member
19,236 Posts
Add the additional class! The more the better!

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
The problem would be getting their big dawgs to play "just a little" They will have to be offered plenty of track time or something like their own classes etc. then run against Vipers at the end.. I'm on the fence too.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
1TONY1 said:
The problem would be getting their big dawgs to play "just a little" They will have to be offered plenty of track time or something like their own classes etc. then run against Vipers at the end.. I'm on the fence too.
I'm with Tony on this one, there are plenty of Vette Viper shootouts thru out the nation you will only shorten the track time vipers get. Now if you were to hold just a big dawg shoot out for Vipers, Vettes, and Supras that would be a different idea, just dont make it part of the V10 nationals :eatpop:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Supra's No Vettes

We keep it as the V-10 Nationals!!!

if we add anything later it will be the SRT classes for the neon

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Several trucks have said they are coming. I have not recieved the entyr forms as of last week but I will be home Friday to check!

SRT 4 will be added next after we perfect the current classes

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Careful with the SRT4 invites, it could make the event somewhat juvenile considering many younger "punk kids" seem to buying them. At least that is what I've seen around here.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Agree with John, Make it a PVO/SRT vehicle event. SRT4s pay purses and expenses. Lots of Viper owners have a truck or SRT4 too.

And there are a lot of them.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THat is my idea in other cars. Higher car count = more $$$$$$$ which will provide an opportunity for Cash Pay-outs.

This will not happen soon but we will work this in somehow. ALso the more SRT and Dodge Products gives a real chance to be POSSIBLY supported by dodge!

I am just thinking out loud here looking for suggestions and ideas to help the series!

thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
add em for the day just not actually "part of" the nats. like you said, it can only increase payouts, attendance and have a positive aspect

·
Registered
791 Posts
i think the SRT-4's and the trucks would be a good thing too!!!....alot of owners have one or both of those in their garages at home too!!! :thumb:

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
I think your idea with the SRT-4's is excellent and will most certainly attract more sponsor money and entry fees. You will have one problem and it will be a big one: There are a LOT of SRT-4's out there and you could have 100 of them show up for an event. Great for purse money, etc., however there are only so many runs you can get on a track in a given day. The thought would be to limit the number of entries for each model (Viper, SRT-4, etc.), but then you might lose some of your Viper entries if the limit is too low. I haven't been to a V-10 Nationals event yet, however I know that when they run 100 cars at the local test & tune sessions that you are looking at maybe one run every 1-2 hours with one or two breakdowns figured in.

If/when you add SRT-4's (Topeka?), I have immediate sponsors that will jump in with both feet. You just have to decide how many cars is too many...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Too many cars would be a great problem for a promoter!!

In at least one V10 Nationals the Vipers will be sharing the grounds with other cars. That is Columbus. Should be no problem in getting enough track time. At Norwalk for the original Viper Nationals we had 600 other race cars on the grounds and did several Viper sessions per day.

Columbus should be interesting because we will have an AutoX and wiil be sharing the track with sport compacts. It's a heavily dominated Mopar event so you'll see many SRT4s. I just got one and hopefully it will be on the Stage 2 program and running some low 13s.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Y2K3SRT said:
I think your idea with the SRT-4's is excellent and will most certainly attract more sponsor money and entry fees. You will have one problem and it will be a big one: There are a LOT of SRT-4's out there and you could have 100 of them show up for an event. Great for purse money, etc., however there are only so many runs you can get on a track in a given day. The thought would be to limit the number of entries for each model (Viper, SRT-4, etc.), but then you might lose some of your Viper entries if the limit is too low. I haven't been to a V-10 Nationals event yet, however I know that when they run 100 cars at the local test & tune sessions that you are looking at maybe one run every 1-2 hours with one or two breakdowns figured in.

If/when you add SRT-4's (Topeka?), I have immediate sponsors that will jump in with both feet. You just have to decide how many cars is too many...
Call me when you get a chance, we need to talk about this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts