Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be changing my brake pads this weekend. I am using the EBC greenstuffs. This is my first time with these pads. In the box there are two bottles of polish. The instructions say to scuff the rotors (I assume with the polish) but noting else.

Do I need some kind of high speed polisher? How far should I go? Any help would be appriated.

Bill

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
I have no idea what the "polish" is, but just scuff with sandpaper or something else abrasive. The idea is to remove any of the compound left on the rotors from the previous pads. I usually use a wire cup brush attatched to my electric drill.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Could the "polish" be lube for the ends of the pads against the slides?

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
_Mark said:
I have no idea what the "polish" is, but just scuff with sandpaper or something else abrasive. The idea is to remove any of the compound left on the rotors from the previous pads. I usually use a wire cup brush attatched to my electric drill.

Yep, that is all...and that is not "polish"...It should be "brake grease"....put just put a "dab"...ie..."not much" on the side of the pad the piston presses against. (The green side) Don't get any on your rotor or the actual brake pad.

·
Registered
24,065 Posts
what snakebitten said.....only need to scuff with sandpaper and that is lube for the back of the pads.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got a hold of the distributor who shipped the order. Turns out the bottles were just samples of auto polish he sells. He forgot to include the brochures in the box.

Bill

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.