Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just made a deal to purchase this car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2455615956

We are buying the car for parts for our racecar. After agreeing to buy the car, however, I noticed the VIN is not for this car and is not even a Viper VIN. The car is Located in Alberta. The owner purchased the car wrecked to us as a donor car for a V10 Cuda project which he has since decided no to go forward with. I spoke with the owner in detail on the phone and he seemed completely legitimate. I have not spoken with him about the VIN issue as he was gone when I called back to discuss it. If anyone knows the car, the previous owner or the current owner, any reference which could be given would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
You're buying Vipers and don't know that all the VIN's start 1B3ER???

What usable parts were you expecting to get off the car?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Craig201MPH said:
You're buying Vipers and don't know that all the VIN's start 1B3ER???

What usable parts were you expecting to get off the car?

I did notice the VIN, it's the reason for my original post.

I have since spoken with the owner and it was a mix-up. He has given me the correct VIN.

What parts, you ask? Engine, Transmission, rear end, complete front end less hood and fascia, steering, front frame section, suspension, quarter panels, rear lamp panel, rear bumper, bumper reinforcements, driver's side sill, wheels and tires(granted, they won't go on the race car), rear frame section, etc., etc.....not to mention hundreds of small parts, clips, fasteners, etc., many of which aren't available from the factory separately. Easily $20k worth of parts.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Have him take a picture of the Vin.# , and send it to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts