Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to run B&B headers and exhaust and I need to run cats. I currently want to use Roe's HF oval cats but I am concerned about the fit. Is it a tight squeeze because they are oval? So I also decided to look at the Random Tech metal substrate cats. Many people seem to use them, and the fit looks good. They are more money, but are they worth it over the Roe cats.

I don't care if the car is loud, and I plan on forced induction in the future.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
As far as fit and ease of installation, I choose the Random Tech. They are more money, but from the install point, I love them. Chunk 'em right in there, no twisting, "cocking", or aiming of the cat for fit. No concerns about frame or sill contact. In my opinion, they sound basically the same as the rest. :twocents:

DW

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DW, are the RT cats direct fit when using the B&B headers and catback, or is some welding needed?

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Don't know, all of the B&B systems I have done have been catless. I would assume they will fit right in as JonB gets them cut specifically for the Viper. IF you purchase thru JonB, I am sure he can tell you, or at least get them sized for direct fit.

DW

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I have the ROE ovals. They are a tight fit, but my uneducated muffler guy had no problem with them. If you don't want ovals, get the rounds. No big difference in performance, just money.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RedSnakeGTS said:
i wouldnt get a cat unless you KNOW your dog wont fuck with it...
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif, my dog almost got the neighbors cat last week, but it just made it out of the fence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts