Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer wants $575 for brake pads front and rear. Auto Zone has one option for $50 front and rear. Dealer is ridiculous and Auto Zone seems too cheap. What do you guys suggest?

·
Landscaping Professional
13,899 Posts
Are you just street/highway driving your car? No need to spend a fortune if you are not on the track frequently.

·
Landscaping Professional
13,899 Posts
I buy Auto Zone products pretty much without reservation. They couldn't stay in business if they were selling stuff that isn't FMVSS compliant.

·
Suspended
25,621 Posts
Shit. I just moved and thinned my inventory. I literally just threw a set of front/rear EBC and Hawk pads in the dumpster.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Make sure you get pads that fit your driving needs. Case in point....the big brake kit I got had a set of track pads with them that I simply reused. When cold they hardly work, and I almost rear-ended a guy in front of me on an on-ramp. Hit the brakes and pressed and pressed and pressed....talk about a 'ah-ha' moment. Once those brakes have heat in them they were wonderful, but for street/city driving....I really have to watch it.

Reactions: GTS Dean

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
You only need them if you're into stopping for the "cars and coffee" BS!

·
Premium Member
19,043 Posts
I have several good options if you still need a set. PM me.

·
Sexist
43,546 Posts
I run EBC greens on my street Viper because they don't leave much dust. They don't stop worth a shit but they don't dust as much as other pads. It is a good idea to scuff the rotors and bed the pads or you will run the risk of glazing. If they glaze things can get scary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts