Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here it goes...I've posted something like this before and I wanted to hear from the alley members about what you all thought about this idea...

I am starting to put miles the beast...approx 23K on my car

I want one with less miles and forged pistons because yes, I'm geting the supercharger bug and plan on s/c 'ing it soon.

I have an opportunity to trade my car yellow 01 rt10 with 23k in immaculate condition (eibachs, smooth tubes, k and n's no big mods) for a 99 rt with 5k miles in immaculate condition...
what would be a fair trade value difference? the offer I'm getting is 8500 difference at this point.

IS IT WORTH THE TRADE? Is it worth the loss in years 99 vs 01 for the mileage difference. I realize I'll lose ABS, but I will gain forged pistons.

Any advice or guidance would help a ton.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
I don't care about ABS or forged pistons so my opinion is moot. $8,500 difference for forged pistons seems high. How much $$$ does it cost to put forged slugs in your 01? I'm doubting it's $8,500.

Those yellow RT/10s are sharp looking. What color is the 99?

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
Are you getting the $8500 or are you having to couch up the money? Other than the differences you noted, it will be virtually identical.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Shit, I'd go for that in a heartbeat! The way I see it, the difference in value between a 99 and an 01 may not even be $8500, and the 99's seem to be pretty sought after. You'll end up with the same car, but it sounds better, has a bigger cam, holds up to forced induction better, and has a lot less miles. You'll have the money for the blower in your pocket, and all you lost was ABS! I'd get on that!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I imagine you have to come up with $8500.00 for the deal to go through. The other way around sounds to good to be true.

My advice, take the $8500.00 mod your car, and keep the ABS. Heffner has some real nice engine upgrade packages.

I would have a hard time parting with the yellow though.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys....seriously, I make great life decisions, but dumbass ones like this just cause me to toil...

so, 23K miles is not the death of my viper then? It is absolutely immaculate and I love the car, just get paranoid with mileage and S/C.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
I'm still confused. Are you cosidering trading your car and paying $8,500 or your car for the other and receiving $8,500?

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
He must have to pay the $8500, which would be a ripoff!

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
paying....I suppose it's because of the mileage difference...Hell, I don't know..it's highway robbery

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
paying....I suppose it's because of the mileage difference...Hell, I don't know..it's highway robbery
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif are you going to go through this every few months??

Yes, giving 8500 dollars plus your 01' in trade for a lower mileage 99 is insane. (and the mileage aint that much lower)

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
PAYING!!! What are you NUTS? (hehe squirrel and nuts hehe get it :rolleyes: )
Seriously, you can get a complete Arrow rebuild for not much more that what you're laying out in cash. Keep the $8,500. Run your car till it needs some serious motor work then rebuild the motor better than it ever was and start your speedo back at 0.

Next question /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif ....

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tito, you're right...I just needed someone to tell me..

city, nuts? that was actually very funny. LOL. City, how much is an arrowhead rebuild?

Next question? Yes, why do I go through this crap..just trying to find money to spend I guess. Shit, who knows...

BACK TO THE NITROUS. (I don't mean on my car either...LOL)

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
SS, damn bro, time to dump that viper! at 23,000 miles I think your engine is going to rot away! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

The V-10 like any other engine is going to last a loooong time. Just because it's a V-10 doesn't mean it's not going to last. There are vipers with 80,000 , 100,000 miles and still running strong... /images/graemlins/smiles

How about keeping your yellow car and when you get a supercharger change out your pistons to forged... :idea:

G

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.