Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top of the line truck that CADILLAC (isn't this top of the line Chevrolet?) makes and they don't even have navigation in them yet? Is this a way to make more money once the navigation is offered (i.e. - all current owners have to take their trucks in - then pay GM - to get their navigation installed).
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
But it will never look as good as a factory installed BMW, Lexus, MBZ, Infinity, Acura, or Jaguar version. GM needs to WAKE UP!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
I've been thinkin about an SUV purchase lately. I think the H2 is callin my name.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
I'm considering the Suburban myself (if you can call that an SUV)...
 

·
Irredeemable
Joined
·
9,343 Posts
I just bought a 2003 Denali XL in carbon metallic. It is my 2nd Denali (I traded an '01 Denali XL) and I have had numerous Yukon XL and Suburbans over the years. My wife won't drive anything else. I wish BMW or Mercedes would come out with a true FULL SIZED SUV for the North American market for soccer mom's like my wife who feel like they need a bus for our ONE child! I hate the cheap feel of GM products but it really is alone in it's niche. It rides great and has plenty of power though...just hate all the damn plastic. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!..but the price is not. Mine stickered for $52K. Unbelievable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Trey:
I agree with you on the H2, I purchased one about a month ago and feel its one of the better vehicles I have bought. The ride is unbelievable and the gadgets that are on this thing sure make it nice. I am sure you have seen it since I am in your neighborhood at times plus my office is in the new Greatwood Lakes office building right on the golf course. If you can wait, more power to ya, the prices will come down but if not I dont think you will be disappointed.

Mark
9secRT
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
getbit said:
I just bought a 2003 Denali XL in carbon metallic. It is my 2nd Denali (I traded an '01 Denali XL) and I have had numerous Yukon XL and Suburbans over the years. My wife won't drive anything else. I wish BMW or Mercedes would come out with a true FULL SIZED SUV for the North American market for soccer mom's like my wife who feel like they need a bus for our ONE child! I hate the cheap feel of GM products but it really is alone in it's niche. It rides great and has plenty of power though...just hate all the damn plastic. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!..but the price is not. Mine stickered for $52K. Unbelievable. <hr /></blockquote>

That was definitely a good pick up. Denai's are sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,207 Posts
I just bought a 2003 Denali XL in carbon metallic. It is my 2nd Denali (I traded an '01 Denali XL) and I have had numerous Yukon XL and Suburbans over the years. My wife won't drive anything else. I wish BMW or Mercedes would come out with a true FULL SIZED SUV for the North American market for soccer mom's like my wife who feel like they need a bus for our ONE child! I hate the cheap feel of GM products but it really is alone in it's niche. It rides great and has plenty of power though...just hate all the damn plastic. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!..but the price is not. Mine stickered for $52K. Unbelievable. <hr /></blockquote>

I been driving my dads 00 yukon denali and I love it. I just hate how the damn gonvern kicks in at 113 grrrrr :pissed: its searosly ertating....
 

·
Irredeemable
Joined
·
9,343 Posts
This one has the DVD player, XM stereo and rear captains chairs. Great for long trips and can tow a good bit. The new carbon metallic is nice. It keeps the wife happy :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,637 Posts
I just bought a '03 GMC Yukon SLT, not the XL. The Denali package was an extra 8K and for what? A 6L engine and projection headlights? The interior was slightly different, but not worth the extra money. I've got the same suspension and comfort and convience group. Carbon Metallic is an awesome color-dosen't show the dirt or scratches and changes color in different shades of light. I also got XM radio, which actually is worth the 10 bucks a month. I think GM is relying on the OnStar system as their stock navigation system. For how often I'll use the option, I'd rather not blow another grand.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
9secRT said:
Trey:
I agree with you on the H2, I purchased one about a month ago and feel its one of the better vehicles I have bought. The ride is unbelievable and the gadgets that are on this thing sure make it nice. I am sure you have seen it since I am in your neighborhood at times plus my office is in the new Greatwood Lakes office building right on the golf course. If you can wait, more power to ya, the prices will come down but if not I dont think you will be disappointed.

Mark
9secRT <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Mark! What color did you get? Do you kow if the 2003's are out yet? I personally feel that it's the ultimate SUV & I've had a lot of them. Just looking through the manual and the options book, makes me think it's definitely a good buy. There's an EXCELLENT write up on it in this months MT too. 2 guys took one on a cross country trip! I think I'll get one.
 

·
Irredeemable
Joined
·
9,343 Posts
Leaf001,
You know what that extra 8K was for? MY WIFE'S HAPPINESS!
Small price in my world!
She asks for little when it comes to material things so when something makes her happy - it is hers.
"When Momma's happy, we are all happy!"

I had a 2000 Yukon XL and traded it for a 2001 Denali XL and the cost difference was only couple of grand anyway. I didn't compare SLT VS. Denali this time around though.
I do think they are all overpriced!

Let's put this in perspective...2003 Denali XL or 2000 Viper GTS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
I took a testdrive of the Volvo XC90 which they label SUV, altough it's really more of a modern station wagon than anything else. Competes with the Porsche Cayenne and the BMW X5. I really liked the Volvo, as always a really nice driving environment and very safe. The negative -there is nothing sporty about a volvo, and it's not really meant for anything but the highway.

Strangely enough, despite the drawbacks i like it... /images/graemlins/smile.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
brianflynn said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
I've been thinkin about an SUV purchase lately. I think the H2 is callin my name. <hr /></blockquote>
I think the h2 is the best one for the money.

<hr /></blockquote>

You've got to ck out the MT article this month. Great write up towards the end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,999 Posts
i have an h2, and i love it!! the most rugged and solid looking vehicle in my own opinion. it rides better than any escalade i test drove, and it was around the same price. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I agree with the ride of the H2. For the rugged looks it has you cant believe the ride unless you have had one for a week. Trey, I broke down and got the yellow one to go along with the yellow GTS in the garage. They are two different yellows but I seem to like the yellow on the H2 so much better. Yes the 2003's are out, this is the first year they made the H2. No such thing as a 2002 H2. Hope this helps....

Mark
9secRT
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top