Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Enlightened
28,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nash Bridges \'71 Cuda

[image]http://www.nashbridges.com/cuda/art/4cudas.jpg[/image]

All four cant be originals....? Are any of the originals?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: Nash Bridges \'71 Cuda

None of the cars were as they said they were. Non were original hemi cars. Only one was a big block the rest were just built to tear up.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Enlightened
28,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I thought I heard they did have one original for the closeups; but is that wrong?

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts

I heard that some of the Cudas can go for OVER a million dollars!

Austin

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

I watched most of the Barret-Jackson auction on TV... the one sold at auction was NOT a true example. In fact that was the buzz... how much it sold for and not even real!

It's still a great looking car... real or clone!

Lance

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts

The cars were built by UltimateRides in Texas. Again, none were original Hemi cars. In fact, at least 1 of them is actually a 70 Barracuda modified to look like a 71.

There were only 11 original 71 Hemi Cuda converts made. 10 of which are accounted for. The Nash Bridges car was actually based off of one of the originals, though the shade of yellow used was darkened to make it a bit more dramatic looking on T.V.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,002 Posts

The one that sold at Barrett Jackson was driven onto the auction block by Don Johnson with Cheech Marin riding shotgun. It was owned by Don Johnson. The car was a 440 wedge motored car, not sure if it was a 6-Pack or not.

·
Registered
543 Posts

The car that sold at Barrett Jackson was an original 318 car that had a 440 4bbl in it. It sold for $130,000+ at the auction. I've seen the car up close, and the sad part is that given the condition it was in, if it weren't the Nash Bridges car, it would have been lucky to bring $30,000 on the open market. It needs a lot of work to be a nice car.

·
Registered
533 Posts

A 70 with modifications to look like a 71. Hardly original but brought money due to the TV show. I don't know why, the show was stupid.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

the car washed up don jhonston owned was a 1972+ car, total piece of shit.

·
Registered
331 Posts

The Nash Bridges Cuda's were copies (clones) of the 71 Hemicuda Convertible that was part of the Otis Chandler Collection. It's a real factory Hemicuda convertible that was Lemon Twist Yellow and also an automatic transmission car. The car collection was sold off several years ago (at least part of it was).

It was sold again last year for a reported $550K to a man in the northwest who shortly after bought a blue 4spd 71 Hemicuda Conv. for a reported $650K (he decided he wanted a 4spd one instead).

Ultimate Rides was indeed the company who made the cars for the TV show.

·
Registered
331 Posts

Actually there were 11 built for sales in the United States and 2 known export ones that were sold new to people in France (isn't that a scary thought) for a total of 13 known 71 Hemicuda convertibles. There may be more export ones out there, but it's unlikely. The build numbers of export cars are kinda vague.

One of the France cars was brought to the U.S. about 2-3 years ago. It's a Winchester Grey one, (grey metallic).

The guy who I was speaking about bought the second one so he could have a four speed one (a Blue car) was supposed to have sold the Yellow automatic car, but I've never heard any real confirmation that it sold.

The only reason I even heard about it was I know someone who knew all the details about both cars and the sale of them.
From what I was told, the blue four speed car was a rusty beach car prior to it's restoration. The salt water and salt air is hell on old mopars, they're prone to rust to begin with.

·
Registered
543 Posts

Actually there were 11 built for sales in the United States and 2 known export ones that were sold new to people in France (isn't that a scary thought) for a total of 13 known 71 Hemicuda convertibles. There may be more export ones out there, but it's unlikely. The build numbers of export cars are kinda vague.
Not quite.

There were 7 U.S. cars built and sold. There were 2 Canadian cars. There are 2 Export cars known to exist. Rumor has it there could have been 1 more built, but as you said, the numbers on the Export cars are skechy at best.

Of those cars, both export cars exist, and if I'm not mistaken, both are now in the U.S. The 1st car is gray, as you said, the other is white. Both Canadian cars are accounted for as well. All but 1 of the American cars are accounted for. The missing one is rumored to have been Green. Legend has it it was run through the crusher years ago.

Here is a page with the color combinations for the 70-71 hemi Cuda convertibles. The only known 71 missing from the page is the recently found FC7 Canadian car, which I believe Harold Sullivan owns now. Also, it lists both of the Blue 71's as having black interiors, but one of them has a blue gut.

Hemi Convertible info

I have the VIN's and fender tag info for all the known 71 Hemi converts, but I don't believe it is supposed to be public knowledge, so I won't post it here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts