Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to mod my R/T's hood by adding the louvers and duct. Who will have the best price on the parts?

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
Might check with Autoform. They make their own and I believe they are less expensive than ordering the pieces from Dodge. Also, they have the center section with the vents available. Otherwise, you might try Parts Rack for factory pieces. Probably a roll of the dice whether or not you get a good price.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Hell, sell your hood and pick up the louvered one from ViperMed - that's one sick looking piece!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I will post pics of my old car that had a smooth hood and we cut the vents and NACA Duct in it. It turned out perfect just like factory.
Chad

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
The underhood stiffeners bonded to the outer skin are different on the Gen1 cars. I'm not positive, but I think the 96 RTs may have had the revised structure underneath and all you have to do is cut the hole in the hood. The 97 RT-10s were supposed to come with fender louvers but no NACA duct. Many ended up with the full GTS hood due to short supply.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The hoods on the '96's were the GTS hoods, all mounts and such are there, just trying to find the parts at a good price. So far Tators has beaten everybody with brand new parts. Even used parts are more expensive than Tator's price.

I guess I'll order from him on Monday, thanks for everyone's input!! /images/graemlins/thumbs2

·
Registered
323 Posts
Got one laying around... Tried to PM you but your box is full. If interested, PM me your email address and I'll send you some pics.

·
Premium Member
19,232 Posts
I have one of the vents, bt will have toe check for hte other side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts