Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving out from Chicago to see and visit with someone who’s going to be a Very successful tuner was a REAL treat for me, my father, my little girl and her cousin.

What we learned in our afternoon visit was of a tuner package that is going to be a VERY successful Twin Turbo setup. We spent some time talking about method. We discussed reason and approach. We focused on the Castellano Twin Turbo and what we saw was Mindblowing!

Each configuration with respect to the Twin Turbo is carefully mapped and planned. You’ve heard the old adage of “measure twice and cut once”? Paolo measures easily 10x or 20x the spec prior to cutting anything! This Twin Turbo package is NOT a collection of the aftermarket’s finest. This is something greater. This is an avid enthusiast turned fabricator who simply said “I can DO this!” We learned of each and every stage which involved planning, designing, test fitting, and lastly the implementation stage with each and every part being purposely placed and repeatedly reinforced for maxium strength. Each and every part was designed for maximum airflow. This car is going to be quite a car with specs that will blow your mind. I was very impressed with what I saw, what I learned and what I ingested. Again, each step along the way was designed for maximum breathing and exhaust. This project is as it appears...VERY PROFESSIONAL!!

I strongly encourage each and every one of you to speak with Paolo, even if you’re satisfied with your aftermarket solution, simply for the MOJO to say “Awesome Project!”

Cliff Notes:

THAT’S GONNA BE ONE FAST MUTHER FU*KER!!!

You will not be disappointed :bowdown:,

Jay K.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I had the pleasure of visiting paolo on the 4th, we were at a party just hanging out. We started talking about it, then he asked if I wanted to see it. We jumped into his honda crv and let me tell you, I had no idea those things can take turns at 50mph. To be honest, when I first walked in the garage I was expecting a home made turbo kit. I was way, way, way, way off. This kit is unbelievable, the headers, the turbos. The whole kit is top notch fabrication and design. good luck pc

isaac

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
I wish Paolo good luck. A new TT system straight out of the box is no easy feat.

Hopefully some pics will be coming soon.
Anthony, I have been taking pictures throughout the entire process. I have been keeping what I figured out and designed close to my sleeve. My scanner is down and I cannot shrink the digital pictures down to a size to post here. Here is a little teaser picture:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
I wish Paolo good luck. A new TT system straight out of the box is no easy feat.

Hopefully some pics will be coming soon.
Anthony, I have been taking pictures throughout the entire process. I have been keeping what I figured out and designed close to my sleeve. My scanner is down and I cannot shrink the digital pictures down to a size to post here.

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Per Paolo's request to post the picture for Anthony 98 GTS

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/98front_view.jpg[/image]

Anthony,

Doesn't your car's color match the Red of these turbo's? This is why he's calling it the Turbo"ROSSA."

Don't worry, I don't work on commission :lolcry:

Jay K.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
JGK95 said:
Per Paolo's request to post the picture for Anthony 98 GTS

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/98front_view.jpg[/image]

Anthony,

Doesn't your car's color match the Red of these turbo's? This is why he's calling it the Turbo"ROSSA."

Don't worry, I don't work on commission :lolcry:

Jay K.

Damn that looks great - and you gotta love the color. I can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Ego Racer said:
I WANT ONE, or is that two?
Ego Racer, Once some testing is done, I am sure I will be able to accomodate your wishes. You will need to have the motor built to handle the power of these babies! I will keep you posted!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
PRVT JET said:
Paolo, post a picture of the header. It is one great looking piece.

Isaac, I wish I could post a picture of the headers, but I can't give the design away! It took too long to design a pair of headers that are within .64% of each other in length to just show everybody how to do it! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :thumb:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Re: My visit to Paolo Castellano’s Shop to see the Twin Turbo Setup in Progress

Maybe we should call it the Westlake Welding TOOOFST TURBO!
I predict (at the next V10 nats) Paolo's TT car will beat the piss out of any Unlimited car in class.No disrespect to JH and his awesome current world record!
If not, it'll sure be a conversation piece!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

TOOOFST said:
I predict (at the next V10 nats) Paolo's TT car will beat the piss out of any Unlimited car in class.No disrespect to JH and his awesome current world record!
TOOOFST, I would like to take a moment to inform all here as to the extent Scotty TOOOFST has helped me with my project: He has gone into the office on a Sunday several times to get me what I needed to get the job done. He has made all kinds of little parts for me for no charge, he has given me all kinds of stainless flat stock, tubing and solid bar stock. He has supplied me with a couple of welders who have helped me tremendously not to mention who have taught me a lot to boot. Thank you TOOOFST! Thank you! :bowdown:

P.S. It was also TOOOFST's idea to have the turbos powdercoated red.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts

Paolo, you gonna start drag racing?

·
Registered
212 Posts

Paolo Castellano said:
TOOOFST said:
TOOOFST, I would like to take a moment to inform all here as to the extent Scotty TOOOFST has helped me with my project: He has gone into the office on a Sunday several times to get me what I needed to get the job done. He has made all kinds of little parts for me for no charge, he has given me all kinds of stainless flat stock, tubing and solid bar stock. He has supplied me with a couple of welders who have helped me tremendously not to mention who have taught me a lot to boot. Thank you TOOOFST! Thank you! :bowdown:

P.S. It was also TOOOFST's idea to have the turbos powdercoated red.
Man, with TOOOFST parts being used on this system it's definitely going to break speed records. Either that or break in record time /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Just Kidding TOOOFST!!! You know I appreciate all the work you did for me also. Thanks buddy!!!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

BAD VPR said:
Paolo, you gonna start drag racing?
Chad, as you know, I am not a drag racing fan. But I will definitely be taking my car to the strip when it's ready to lay down some #'s.

·
Viper Love
559 Posts

i remember when Paolo sent me some pic's i went /images/graemlins/shocked. one great setup indeed and he knows what he is doing, Good luck /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
5,099 Posts

Good to hear Paolo. See you out there.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

MbnViper said:
i remember when Paolo sent me some pic's i went /images/graemlins/shocked. one great setup indeed and he knows what he is doing, Good luck /images/graemlins/smiles
MBN, thank you and great to hear from you! I will keep you posted. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

Paolo , your system is coming together nicely !! Can't wait to see the final results :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.