Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 SRT-10 I purchased brand new (7 miles). Only 1,400 miles currently. And those came from my recent VOI 8 trip. Have a new Coupe on order so this one has to go. Ad is in our classifieds section as well. PM me if you have any interest.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
King -
A little premature, maybe?

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
No one is taking orders. If a dealer is taking money - I'd be worried.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
King GTS said:
2004 SRT-10 I purchased brand new (7 miles). Only 1,400 miles currently. And those came from my recent VOI 8 trip. Have a new Coupe on order so this one has to go. Ad is in our classifieds section as well. PM me if you have any interest.
Trey
and when do you honestly expect a new coupe?
and this is number what for you?

Enjoyed the VOI did you? :thumb:

Good Luck with your sale and your buy.
I put my name on a couple of list and wrote a check also. Best bet would be next year about Sept.

rohn

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jkracer said:
King GTS said:
Trey
and when do you honestly expect a new coupe?
and this is number what for you?

Enjoyed the VOI did you? :thumb:

Good Luck with your sale and your buy.
I put my name on a couple of list and wrote a check also. Best bet would be next year about Sept.

rohn
VOI was awesome! I'll never miss another one that's for sure.

Your time frame sounds right-on. I figure I might as well sell now to make room for it. I'm sure the value isn't gonna climb from now to then. No since in adding any more miles IMO. I talked myself into it anyway thinking we wouldn't get a Coupe. But we are.
:thumb:

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
Talking with many in the industry including Bob Woodhouse, I also think it is conceivable to see the coupe available in Fall 2005 as 2006 model. I do believe that what we have seen is not all that the coupe will be. Just a taste. I do believe the bumpers are correct due to numerous claims that they are all ready certified (crash tested) and ready to go so that saves mucho $$$ on development. That sounds reasonable considering the price level that the coupe is likely to be. Platform and parts sharing is not new to the automotive industry and especially common among American car companies. They are not going to completely re-engineer the coupe. It has to be a version of the current car to be economically feasible to DC. That being said, it also shortens the time frame to bring a coupe to market as well as saving money. Thus, Fall of 2005 is believable. Once again, DC is reading these so constructive criticism is good. Let them know what you really want...and put your money where your mouth is with a deposit to your friendly neighborhood dealer. Even though no "official" order bank is open, taking deposits on concept vehicles is NOTHING new and is common practice in exotic and rare automotive circles to get cars built! They show these cars to see how much excitement it generates and to gauge the true interest level. Put up or shut up works best. Lots of people talk of what they think, but it is the opinion of the BUYERS that will weigh in the most. Enough deposits with dealers and cars get built. Simple economics.

Class dismissed.

--------------------
2001 ACR VIPER Sapphire/silver (1 of 49)
2006 Viper Coupe on order!
2003 E55 (The Beast)
1966 Shelby Cobra 514
2003 Denali XL
2004 Yamaha Rhino

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
getbit said:
Enough deposits with dealers and cars get built.
--------------------
Dodge couldn't care less about deposits.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I live 10minutes from Woodhouse and know Bill and Bob. I've been buying my company trucks, and assorted SVT goodies there for years. I'll ask them about this on Monday when I go to pick up a new truck and check out the pit. They are definately one of the most trustworthy dealerships in the country. You call them and tell em what you want and when you come back from lunch there is a new truck sitting where the old one was and a month later they send you the paperwork and it will be the best deal you could ever get. I'd give em 2K if they said they will be able to order coupes.

·
Enlightened
30,002 Posts
Last time I talked to Bill on Friday, he had 18 orders. I assume they are orders for their first orders, so doubt there is anything that prevents them from taking the hold money. I gave Woodhouse a deposit in late 2000 for the new SRT and ended up asking for it back in 2002 when I couldn't convince myself I liked it enough to buy it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.