Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Enlightened
25,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not long after making our amazing photo scoop on the new coupe on the Alley (little too much? okay), I was contacted by AutoWeek magazine about getting the rights to publish my images. I've been been told that we can look forward to seeing one of my pics in the next issue (under the News section) with photo credits by yours truly!

Hey, they may not have been crystal clear - but you did get them before they even finished announcing the car! Now maybe next time I can get some backstage access to get even better shots (or I need to get into stealth mode and do some snooping around!)

Keep an eye out for this weeks issue!

· Enlightened
25,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, just photo credits. To be honest, I didn't even ask or consider it a requirement. I've had alot of photos published in the past and unless you are hired by the publication, payments vary greatly.

I'd love to do more event photography, so just getting my name out there with a credit is payment enough for me.

· Banned Since 2003
16,388 Posts
packetjunkie said:
Nope, just photo credits. To be honest, I didn't even ask or consider it a requirement. I've had alot of photos published in the past and unless you are hired by the publication, payments vary greatly.

I'd love to do more event photography, so just getting my name out there with a credit is payment enough for me.
MP...my first cousin is a professional photo guy and works many types of sports events.

Is is really a cool guy and I am sure if you wanted to network through him he would be happy to help...espically if you tell him I asked you to give him a call.

Here is his site.

http://bobridges.com/

:thumb:

· Registered
3,988 Posts
packetjunkie said:
I asked for a promo for the site, we'll see if we get it! Waiting for news on when it hits the stands - he said "this weeks issue".
Maybe they can just put a little blurb about how the alley had the pictures up before the announcement was even over.

"Dodge Viper enthusiast web site www.viperalley.com was the first to report the news of a new Viper Coupe complete with photos that were posted from a cell phone before the announcement of the coupe was completed by the executives from Dodge."

Wow that sentence sucks. I'm glad I'm not a writer.

Eddie

· Banned Since 2003
16,388 Posts
Maybe it's time for VA to start it's own events. "VAI01" Viper Alley Invitational # one. Maybe at Indy with use of the F1 and oval for starters. Get some big time sponsors, etc. Hooters would be a good one to start with.(sotra fits VA's style) Some beer companies too. Also have a V10 nationals event at IRP. Maybe a comp coupe endurance race or something with a nice big $$ award. Make it a real blow out with national coverage.

signed,

if you can dream it...

· Team Crown Recruiter
10,002 Posts
Dodge recently surprised members of the Viper Club of America by rolling out a "concept" Viper Coupe at the group’s annual meet in Texas.

What a crock of shit!

· Team Crown Recruiter
10,002 Posts
Not that it makes a difference, but I sent an email to the website editor pointing out his mistakes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.