Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great time in bowling green and made a lot of new friends and met up with some old ones. It was nice that my father could come, I keep trying to tell him to buy a viper but I just can't quit talk him into it. One observation, there was hardly any stock cars there. They were either nitrous, heads/cam, sc'er, turboed, or some combo of these. I think maybe one or two stock cars were there.

A big thank you goes out to Mike Robbins, 1TONY1, and their crew. I could have not attended without their help.

Friday started off a little busy because I had to change my tires on my rims first thing. I then proceeded to make a pass on drag radials [email protected] 148.6 MPH. THat MPH was awesome and I was excited but the 60' time was a 1.71, not very good. SO the drag radial event started and I raced a nitrous car in the first round and I treed him but spun the tires badly and ran a 1.88 60' time 10.54 @ 148.2 MPH to his [email protected] MPH. THat was a pretty close race but I came sailing by him like he was sitting still at the 1000'. I then had a by so I decided not to run and then came up against roof with lane choice. Lane choice was everything on friday. THe left lane had been prepped but the right had not but I had chosen not to run in the previous round so it was my fault. ANyway, I think we left pretty close to the same time but roof had a 1.6x 60' and I had a 2.05 60' time. THe race was already over but I thought maybe I could catch him but it was not to be so I let off about 900-1000'.

Next up was the street tire shootout. I went and had my wheels changed back for the shootout and went to the staging lanes for a qualifing run. TO my surprise I lined up with TOM Welch. Well I pulled him out of the hole with a 1.92 60' time but on the top end he was catching me but not before we finished [email protected] vs 11.09 @145MPH for TOM. I then was idling to the pits to cool down when all of the sudden a knock started. I immediately shut the car down and thought maybe a rocker arm fell off but that was not it. TO make a long story short we looked through the engine at the track and found nothing yet. We don't think it is a rod bearing but will not know for a little while until we tear it down. I will keep everyone posted.

I did not get my nine second pass and I was very disappointed with that until saturday came and hardly anyone ran nines.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
Your car was hauling ass man 148mph is sick dude, you got nines in her for sure :cheers:

Btw I took your advice on runing 18lbs of air in the slicks and it sucked thank you very much, I almost lost it but refused to as I did not want to lose to the firebird (again) /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
575 Posts
Utah,

Always a pleasure. Keep us posted on the motor issue....or maybe throwout bearing or clutch related issue.

I hope to see you folks again soon, give your dad my best.

Tom

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
utahviper said:
One observation, there was hardly any stock cars there. I think maybe one or two stock cars were there.
There were 15 in Bradenton. I wonder how many stockers will show up at KC? I drove nearly 800 miles to Bowling Green. How far was it for you?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Utah

Great show man.

Your car is incredible. get it back together soon so we can have a rematch.

9's is just one trip away from the track. your car has it for sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.