Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....On my twin turbo Z06. I wish it were the Viper but I'll take these numbers regardless. I still don't have the heart to rip into the RT. Besides, I think my wife would cut my balls off if I modded the Viper to this extreme.

Anyway, I've been waiting for this car over 8 months. I hope to have it to the track for the first time by the end of the week. We'll have to dial the boost down a bit because I just don't think ET Streets are going to handle over 1000 rwhp very well /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,546 Posts
BIG NUMBERS...........CONGRATS!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Paul said:
....On my twin turbo Z06. I wish it were the Viper but I'll take these numbers regardless. I still don't have the heart to rip into the RT. Besides, I think my wife would cut my balls off if I modded the Viper to this extreme.

Anyway, I've been waiting for this car over 8 months. I hope to have it to the track for the first time by the end of the week. We'll have to dial the boost down a bit because I just don't think ET Streets are going to handle over 1000 rwhp very well /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I know for a fact the ET streets cannot handle 1000 plus RWHP

Regardless, Very Nice Numbers!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, guys. Check out these threads for some pics. I'm going to take better ones once the car is back home:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63599&page=1
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59466

Some basic info.... Built by Cartek (consistently turns out some of the fastest Vettes and F bodies in the country), twin T76 Precision Turbos, 346 cid motor with forged bottom end and ceramic-coated internals, front-mounted intercooler, Exedy twin disc clutch, 10 point roll cage by Neverlift, Shroud parachute and window net, master cutoff switch, external fuel pump, Apex boost controller, line loc, Raptor shift light, "turbo" cam (don't remember the specs), LS6 heads, tuned for race gas right now.

What I think is amazing is that Cartek managed to pump over 1000 hp out of a 346 on the first day of tuning. The number came on the 5th dyno pull. I bet they can still squeeze more ponies out of it.

I've waited over 8 months for this car but I think it'll be well worth the wait. I'm planning to race on Thursday or Friday so I'll let you guys know what happens. I'd like to make the Vette Viper Shootout on September 18th at NED. Anyone going?

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
10,474 Posts
Torquemonster said:
BIG numbers from the small block - hope it is everything you hoped for and that you can get it down the track ok! :thumb:
You talk BIG talk for having a non existent block- Hope its even something close to what you dream of and that you can dream it down the imaginary track before you wake up :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.