Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well "hell week" is over, and i FINALLY got to play with my newly acquired Heffner Twin Turbo. As many know, my car used to be a 1000SCi, but since Sal's car came out such a monster, i decided to see what all the fuss was about. today, BigC calls and wakes me up at 9:45 (son of a bitch, it's summer), and we had a mission. i had to get an inspection since it expired in March. Keith Laxon, a former Viper Tech, and THE guy to see in the DFW area, lined up the inspection for me at a near by shop, so we headed out there. my car passed, of course, and so we rolled out. since this is the first full day i have been able to drive the car, i have been sporting the 5lbs. it is FAST on 5lbs, but i had no idea what was in store. carrot is a NUT behind the wheel so he was really anxious to see what it could to. i toyed with it a little, still on 5lbs, and the car just asks to be pushed. the sound, smoothness, and power is unbelievable, but i knew there was so much more in it. finally, crockett talked me into flipping the switch to see what this car was all about. we circled around the highway a few times, trying to get an open road. finally, we had a little room, and i took off in 3rd. just stuck the pedal on the floor and flew! i let off at about 5200 b/c we approached traffic, and carrot and i agreed that it wanted more. i slowed down to let some traffic pass, and to open up some road again. this time i went for it. going about 70, just stuck it in 3rd and went. took it up to 6000, damn this mother fucker is FAST!!!!! this would eat my blower car up, no question. funny thing is, i havent even shifted into 4th yet to make the real power! i havent had the highway, or the balls quite yet, but tomorrow is another day. any blower guy that tells himself that the TT isnt all that, is fucking kidding himself. i would do a TT 100/100 times, no question. this car is tame and misleading until you hit the go pedal, then it is an animal. i have never been more excited, pleased, or proud of anything like this before. my hats off to Jason Heffner for designing such a work of art. this system is as beautiful as it is fast. an all around package that doesnt have one detail left untouched. he is the man, no question about it. i want to publicly thank Jason Heffner and his crew. everyday im reminded i made the right choice, thanks again!

i promise to get pics taken, i just have been too consumed with driving it. tomorrow is my Snake Bitten Deluxe Car Wash day...

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Damn, I NEED a TT setup on my car! Yes, NEED! It feels soooo strong! Shit, it felt like my car on the juice, and he was only running 10lbs! We had to go back to my store, hijack a Boxter S, and go carting around to bring us back to earth!

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lolcry:

Crockett, expand on the moment we almost died....

WAR BLACK SUBURBANS WITH NO SIDEVIEW MIRRORS!!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
We fucking looked like the nutter guy! A Suburban decided to change lanes just as we were beginning to pass. The fucking cottage cheese covered, butter assed, soccer mom, never even saw us! When most people hit the brakes, I hit the gas! We NARROWLY escaped! /images/graemlins/drive

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
Sounds awesome. :bowdown:

I can't wait for a ride and to get my car to Dallas. :nod:
damn right, it will be badass! tell Smoke to roll in his too. nothing like 4 badass vipers rolling the streets of dallas....

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
RedSnakeGTS said:
Anthony - 98 GTS said:

damn right, it will be badass! tell Smoke to roll in his too. nothing like 4 badass vipers rolling the streets of dallas....
Make it 5 :thumb:

Great another thing to add to my list of things to do/get. Thanks to you Im now adding to the top of the list. :fist:

Nice write up man, sounds like a blast. Congratulations!!! /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
FUSCUCLA1 said:
RedSnakeGTS said:
Anthony - 98 GTS said:

Great another thing to add to my list of things to do/get. Thanks to you Im now adding to the top of the list. :fist:

Nice write up man, sounds like a blast. Congratulations!!! /images/graemlins/smiles
But yours isn't red! /images/graemlins/nono /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
BigCarrot said:
FUSCUCLA1 said:
RedSnakeGTS said:
Anthony - 98 GTS said:

But yours isn't red! /images/graemlins/nono /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
BASTAGE /images/graemlins/cursin Its still badass, no one said they have to be red /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
BigCarrot said:
OK OK, you can cruise with us, but you can't enter the Texas Red Viper Shootout!
Shootout? Ummm.....

YOU have NOS, Eric has a TT, Smoke has an SC, Anthony has a 700R, and me well I have the bedrock version. I guess ill be the decoy for the cops.

Just make sure to leave enough room so you dont overtake the cops and me.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Way to go RedSnakeGTS!!

Turbos are definitely going to answer a lot of questions in the months ahead - and most of them are answered with just one ride :nod: Timeslips only tell a very small part of the story :nod:

They cost a lot more, but you get what you pay for... so its all good!

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Torquemonster said:
They cost a lot more, but you get what you pay for... so its all good!

couldnt have said it better myself. if only heffner came out with TT earlier, i'd never spent the money on a blower....

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
RedSnakeGTS said:
:atu:

you'd do that for us? thanks man!
Hey, I can still outrun the cops. Besides even if I was in the bunch, the yellow car would be picked out and pulled over anyways.

Hanging out with you guys is expensive, I have to buy a red Viper and another 30k in mods. Just between us, I have a red FE for a few months, so its all good right now :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
So, what are the options these days for getting an SRT-10 turbo charged? Which tuners are there and what are the differences you guys have seen between the various SRT-10 turbo'd cars?

I plan on being one of the few that has both a S/C and a TT car. I have a Gen I and Gen II, but have put my Gen I up for sale and am on the lookout right now for the right SRT-10 (red one at a reduced price.) I *might* consider silver.

AND, what is the typical turn around time for a TT package putting out 1000 bHP?

Manny

1 - 20 of 74 Posts