Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery on my 2005 SRT-10 died. I changed the battery and now my key fobs don’t work and the anti-theft system won’t disengage. The car won’t start and the light flash and the horn blows continuously. I have to disconnect the battery to make the lights and horn stop. What should I do to remedy this situation?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The battery on my 2005 SRT-10 died. I changed the battery and now my key fobs don’t work and the anti-theft system won’t disengage. The car won’t start and the light flash and the horn blows continuously. I have to disconnect the battery to make the lights and horn stop. What should I do to remedy this situation?
Richard, a similar thing happened to a '97 GTS I was restoring, though I didn't have the key fob. We had the local locksmith who is very good and experienced, he spent over an hour including research. Conclusion, the Viper alarm is exclusive, unlike other Dodge systems. Wound up trailering it to a Dealer almost 2 hours away, they were able to clear the alarm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Richard, this happened to a '97 GTS I had, wound up trailering to the Dealer, they did clear the alarm.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
There is a reset button for the alarm inside of the "glove box" between driver and passenger seats. I had to pop the hatch, and have my wife (she's much smaller than me) climb in and push it. I never knew the button was there, and this is my third Viper. I hope this helps.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,395 Posts
I think that's only on the '98+ Gen 2 cars. There's actually a keyed switch inside the compartment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts