Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will someone please educate me on what Hennessey has installed for a muffler on my exhaust system. My wife is killing me with the earplugs. Is this a special made muffler? Please reply so that I may make her happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like the cats have been removed. That will make it really loud. May also give you some cool flames out the rear!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not what HMS installed, but what was not! John's systems tend to be mostly straight through. I had John put on "Power Effects" adjustable rear mufflers on my 650R. They work well, and give you a choice of how much punishment you want to put up with. Of course your car must have rear exit exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks like a smallish glass pack! It might just be a muffler shell, with everything taken out! a good way to tell if it is straight through, buy a 10 buck 12inch glass pack, and if it is louder with the Hennessy "Muffler" then it is straight through. plus it gives you a good excuse to buy some glass packs, which just sound sweet!

Bob

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
No cats, but the muffler looks to be a TNT piece. Looks just like the muffler I took off my car.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
That looks like the factory resonator to me...Money says you have no cats, and no mufflers...just that factory resonator, which is basically just a hollow can...three inch pipe stubbed in...

Anyone else think this???

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
getbit said:
I agree. No muffler or cats...just resonator. Take that off and really hear your wife complain.

And how's he supposed to pick up chicks, riding around with the wifey???

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
That looks like the factory resonator to me...Money says you have no cats, and no mufflers...just that factory resonator, which is basically just a hollow can...three inch pipe stubbed in...

Anyone else think this???
G, I think you're full of shit.

/images/graemlins/supergrin.gif - Actually I think you're spot on; here's a pic from the production line; the resonator is clearly visible with the stock muffler setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
The red car has a catback which replaced the resonator.

The resonator looks stock to me.

NO cats = LOUD.

What's more important, the car or the wife?

signed,

single for now.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
That's the muffler that Hennessey uses on his systems. It's almost like a big glasspack. If you look into it, it goes straight through with little holes on the inside, just like a glasspack or bullet muffler. It quiets it down a little, and allows for maximum flow. Good stuff!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
WV - best thing to do to lower sound levels and keep the wife happy is to add a pair of high flow cats. You wont give up much power (8 rw hp maybe) but these will lower your dB levels by quite a bit. Let me know if I can help.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
This is from VOI 1.

[image]http://members.aol.com/gtsdean/photos/rt10-noskin.jpg[/image]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.