Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of doing an rear muffler delete, but is there any more power to be gained vs a cat-back system. Bother would be 3" I would keep in a "X-pipe" so it doesn't sound like a honduh.

I need your opinions here.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DOH! Just thought of something else. I was reading an import mag. There is a new style of "muffler" out that when at part throttle, the exhust flows as normal through the muffler. Then when you go to WOT, it goes right though like a cherry bomb. Anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
If you are going to install headers, 3-inch Hi-Flow cats, then install cat back system.

If you are going to leave stock manifolds/cats, do a rear muffler delete.

Having larger diameter pipe after the cats can actually hurt HP gains.

If you do a search, you will find more info. I can also email you a video clip of a Viper with rear mufler delete system on the dyno.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Catback $1500
Muffler delete $150 (add another $400 for hiflow cats)

HP the same.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snake Bitten,

yep posted that. In a few of the mags their is good tech articals. New products come out right and left for imports. I'm wondering how many of the can be adapted to be used on the viper. Kinda, new world meets old world.

Granted, it doesn't have verible valve timming and lift or any of the other useful stuff. But....we do have LOTS of displancement.

Ever read an import mag....they have all the fine looking girls in them. YUMMY I love asian girls. /images/graemlins/smiles

BTW thanks for the support. I was in Iraq for 14 months. I'm happy to be home.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
I had a muffler delete on my 96 GTS and I thought it worked/sounded fine.

Then I installed the new Borla cat back system. (with high flow Roe cats)

Hands down I like the Borla over the other.

The new Borla is under 800.00 shipped too.

Add the high flows and you are good to go for just over 1000.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts