Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics on how you guys ran all the wires and shit? Did you need more wire to get back to the pump? (No coments MOJO, I know Jack installed yours /images/graemlins/toothy)

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Ian, you have plenty wire to get all the way to the pump. I take it all the way up to the pump. I remove the fuel pump access cover and take it all the way to the connector. I use some terminals that accept the heavier guage wire that is on the MSD unit and I plug it right into the connector. That way you don't go from a large wire to a small wire (I will send you some if you would like). (For what it's worth, I pull the inner fender shield on RTs and can reach all the way to the pump connector) I have found the relay supplied with the unit is less than reliable. I use a good Bosch relay. I use the PCM fuel pump trigger output to turn on the relay (basically disable the relay in the rear of the car). I am out of town but I think I do have some pics at the shop I can email to you on Monday.

DW

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
Make sure you get the correct wires coming from the pump! They are not the same color code from the computer (PCM) as they wires leading to the fuel pump. Ian, you've got the GTS correct? Yours may be a little easier, but I connected the big wires as close to the pump as possible on my RT/10.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David Weaver said:
Ian, you have plenty wire to get all the way to the pump. I take it all the way up to the pump. I remove the fuel pump access cover and take it all the way to the connector. I use some terminals that accept the heavier guage wire that is on the MSD unit and I plug it right into the connector. That way you don't go from a large wire to a small wire (I will send you some if you would like). (For what it's worth, I pull the inner fender shield on RTs and can reach all the way to the pump connector) I have found the relay supplied with the unit is less than reliable. I use a good Bosch relay. I use the PCM fuel pump trigger output to turn on the relay (basically disable the relay in the rear of the car). I am out of town but I think I do have some pics at the shop I can email to you on Monday.

DW
Thanks David, I'd appreciate some pics.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
99 RT/10 said:
Make sure you get the correct wires coming from the pump! They are not the same color code from the computer (PCM) as they wires leading to the fuel pump. Ian, you've got the GTS correct? Yours may be a little easier, but I connected the big wires as close to the pupm as possible on my RT/10.
Thanks Mike, yes I have a GTS. Hopefully its easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.