Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received four "seconds" wishing to see BADVENOM gone, here's the poll.
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.viperalley.com/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1046057922SeriousEric">

Ban BADVENOM.
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Yes, ban him.
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />No, don't ban him.
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

·
A Luxury Once Sampled...
18,748 Posts
I wonder who cast the one vote for him to stay?? Duuuhhhh....

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Biggest said:
I wonder who cast the one vote for him to stay?? Duuuhhhh....
:rolleyes:

But hey, it's all democratic here. We don't decide things based on the size of one's wooden club or the bone density of one's forehead.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
In accordance with Site regulations, if a poll has run at least 2 hours and there have been at least 10 votes cast which displays at least a 66% or greater intent to ban the member, the member shall have his posting privs suspended pending the outcome of the banning poll. This was the will of the membership in a previous poll. Badvenom's posting privs will now be suspended in accordance with regulations. He will continue to be suspended unless the outcome of the poll demonstrates otherwise.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Wow...

So BADVENOM could fuck it in the ass! Oohh!!!
And Yo-Tony is getting banned? Like what he says...or don't....but the only rule broken is that you people don't like him. That, in turn, gives you the ability to have your little poll. What a joke. This is not the promised land...just more BS! I just had to vent....sorry if that doesn't agree with any of you. If not...have another poll!! LOL!!!

Yo-Tony....talk is CHEAP here. SMOKE and MIRRORS is all it is!

I'm tired of hearing/reading some other people's crap...but they are well-liked so a poll would be a waste of time. Seems if you piss off enough people they gang up on you and "vote you off their little island". Look at it however you want...but that is all that is happening, you don't want Yo-Tony in your sandbox anymore, it is YOUR sandbox and YOU make the rules. Talk about a little, snobby, clique.

And please don't give me that "democracy" bullshit, that is just more smoke you hide behind. TRUE democracy would have you ignoring Yo-Tony if you don't agree.

I like what you said Tony....life does not revolve around this place, but it sure is entertaining to see them steppin' and fetchin' trying to keep their little sand box the way they want it. Disagree with them and feel their wrath....sounds like something they said they would never do. Again...don't give me the democracy "all it takes is a vote" crap. Truely entertaining.....and sweet.....to see all of you turn into what you hate most. Maybe you don't see it...but others do.

This truely must be the alley.....full of rats!

·
Banned
5,927 Posts
I feel that the whole "we don't like you so we're going to ban you" is complete bullshit. Moderators have full control of who goes and who stays, because you get get a mod to side with another mod easily.

This place has become WAY to politicaly charged. Badvenom's actions were funny at best... he never threatened to kill anyone or tried to sabotage the board.

But what the fuck do I know, i'm just a peon like the rest of them.

MM

·
Enlightened
28,119 Posts
I think there comes a point when people say "Enough is enough". I like Tony; but I wish he would tone down his "bend you over and fuck you in the ass" posts which seem to occur in just about every thread. Knowing a little about him it isnt clear to me why he has to post like that - but it is the personality he has chosen for this board and refuses to change.

Most recently Tony has been going off on a teen who is a valuable contributor to the site. A few weeks back he was going off on MsVenon. At what point is attacking board members considered acceptable or unacceptable? Mayube Tony hasnt threateneed to kill anyone; but he makes it a part of his personality to threaten people. Picking on teens and women doesnt rate high in my book. Seems to me if you are just looking to pick fights all the time, there are better places to do it than here.

Polls have been made to ban users which did not pass - proof the system works and is not just the will of the moderators. The results of this poll have yet to be determined.

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MadMaxx said:
I feel that the whole "we don't like you so we're going to ban you" is complete bullshit. Moderators have full control of who goes and who stays, because you get get a mod to side with another mod easily.

This place has become WAY to politicaly charged. Badvenom's actions were funny at best... he never threatened to kill anyone or tried to sabotage the board.

But what the fuck do I know, i'm just a peon like the rest of them.

MM
OK, let's don't get too righteous about politics and the moderator man comin' down on the little man. I'll tell you why I asked for seconds to start a poll. It's harrassment. Not of me, this had absolutely nothing to do with BADVENOM and me or any lingering bad blood. Anyone who's been around here knows that I have never gotten into it with him so there is no bad blood. Just forget about that excuse, OK?

He harrassed Mrs Venom for a while there with all sorts of "bitch"-this and "cunt"-that talk. He was PM'd by moderators and asked to stop. Then he began stalking Chuck's posts around the board and calling him 'gay' at every turn, regardless of whether the conversation involved him or not. He was once again PM'd by moderators and asked to stop ... several times. He swore he would, then pouted and threatened to leave on his own ... which of course he didn't follow through on. Then this weekend he's been harrassing a teenage female member of some long standing who's been with us since the .morgue days. The usual rectal and gay imprecations, none of them funny, none amusing. And finally in the "Who's Gay" thread he starts up again with the "Someone on this board is gay, but I can't say it." smear tactics. He's been asked nicely and even told to cut that crap out guys. This isn't a first, second, third or even fourth time ... It's a freaking ritual with him. And trust me when I tell you that we have almost lost good funny contributing members because of his hassling them.

You have no idea of the tolerance that he's been shown by the moderators here. Requests to get rid of him come up ALL the time. Whether to keep or get rid of Tony at any given time dominates the Moderator's forum! It's practically the only thing that we talk about behind the scenes, because he's the only behavior issue this place has. I can think of two or three times where a number of other mods were fed up with his antics and banning was discussed and I was one of those that urged restraint and a "Wait and see" approach. "Maybe he'll go away, or clean up his act." was my suggestion on those occasions. So forget about tarring me with the vigilante brush as someone who was out to get him. Nobody is getting anyone!

It's a question of balancing people's worth. Do you lose good interesting, civil and funny members to a vulgar harrassing bully just because you have some ethical aversion to the concept of banning someone? That may be your take on it, but that's not how the majority of people here feel, which is precisely why we bailed on viperclub.com and started this place. And that sort of 'peacenik' "anything is preferable to banning" mindset is exactly why .com is a wasteland. Idiots take over and if you're unwilling to clean house then the intelligent people just drift quietly away. The bright and valuable ones are never the ones to make a stink about having to leave ... they just do and the board loses more quality.

And SupremeViper - what part of democracy don't you understand? Democracy isn't about silently tolerating a bully in your midst. It is all about one man, one vote. And that's exactly what's going on here.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Supreme,
If we abided by your suggestion of just sitting by and ignoring people, the product we would have would be dotcom. People came here to avoid the incessant rif-raf, they came here to have the power to make changes when it was necessary to improve their "playground". Its democratic. If you disagree, you have the ability to vote as well. If there are enough members who agree with you, then the will of the members will be carried out, whatever the outcome. There are no political games here. There has been virtually no moderation of this board whatsoever. Look at the way people are voting. That speaks for itself.

·
Banned
5,927 Posts
I've asked for my acct and posts to be deleted, hopefully MP will take care of this for me when he gets out of bed (feel better man!).

After all that I have learned over the last few months about certain things, i've just go to say adios..that has long since crossed the line. I listen, always.

MM

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MadMaxx said:
If you guys only knew...

MM
If we only knew what? Implication that there's some conspiracy? There's no conspiracy. If there is, it's at a different level than I move in.

Why do you feel you have to leave Maxx? To prove some point? Why don't you simply state what's bothering you ... most people are receptive to suggestion and criticism.

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
MadMaxx said:
I've asked for my acct and posts to be deleted, hopefully MP will take care of this for me when he gets out of bed (feel better man!).

After all that I have learned over the last few months about certain things, i've just go to say adios..that has long since crossed the line. I listen, always.

MM
Maxx...what's going on man? I don't think you should make a statement like that & bail. Please let us know what you know.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
I just don't get it. In my ignorance, I believe that everyone (especially the mods) bend over backwards NOT to have anyone polled for banning. In all of the discussions that I've seen, it's all about RELUCTANCE to post a banning poll! Look at the numbers...how many have been banned? 2 people (I may be wrong here) out of 256 members? And of the polls to ban, some have actually ASKED to be banned. I do know that everyone that has been banned has been forewarned either publicly or privately that their posting "propensities" were extremely disenchanting ... AND that if they chose to drop it down a notch, all would likely be fine! I'm sorry, but IMO, if anyone gets banned here, it's simply because THAT was ultimately THEIR desire!

This IS democracy at work. And, in case you hadn't noticed, democracy is far from perfect. Neither is life. Neither is this forum. But as far as I'm concerned, if anyone believes that those here are NOT making the effort to make it perfect, they are categorically wrong!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.