Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sexist
Joined
·
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never get bored of a track. I’m really looking forward to this event ‘cause I installed a lap timer display where the radio was. It will be a big help to see my times at the very moment I cross the finish line.

Finally replaced the old beat up Simpson’s with brand new. Replaced the seats with new also. Looking good.

And I actually got everything prepped, with the help of Antonio, a week early this time. That’s a first, as I’m usually scrambling like hell at the last minute to get everything ready. Also the event is on Sunday, another first. It’s gonna be nice to take a leisurely three hour drive and get a good night’s sleep before race day.

I just wanted to post something in this section. I always get fired up for a track day.
 

·
Landscaping Professional
Joined
·
14,147 Posts
Have a great time, Chuck. I'll be thinking of you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,925 Posts
Chuck,
Your post absolutely disgusts my "procastinator" side!! I am sitting here.... with new Brakeman 3 pads on the workbench.... 10 quarts of Mobil 1 and a new filter...... to install tomorrow.... for Moroso on Sunday!!!!

Speaking of which... this is the first time I have replaced brake pads on the Viper... so I am sure it will take me TWICE as long as it should.


Question for you.... did you continue with Simpson Racing Harnesses? My mother-in-law is giving me racing harnesses for Christmas... and I am trying to decide where she should go? If I recall you buy direct from Simpson?


See you Saturday,
Lance
 

·
Sexist
Joined
·
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep tracking Lance and you'll realize that every spare minute should be spent working on the car.

Yes, I went with Simpson. I have eye-bolts so I got the belts that have clips on the ends. The other kind bolt directly into the floor.

Hey Deano, while you're sitting through a zillion commercials and watching a bunch of guys chasing a ball around a field, I'll be going into turn two at 140 mph. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,925 Posts
Believe me.... my wife will testify to many... MANY nights sitting alone in the family room whilst I diligently worked on my 1969 Mach I engine rebuild....... or the 1969 TR-6 restoration.... or the 1966 Lincoln Continental Convertible... or the 1977 Harley....... or the 1977 TR-7.... or the 1955 New Yorker......or the 1969 XL GT..........

I just have not had the time to get these darn brake pads installed...and oil changed... but my priorities are straight now... I will be skipping going to the office tomorrow and stay home!
 

·
Sexist
Joined
·
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MYDRMKR said:
my priorities are straight now... I will be skipping going to the office tomorrow and stay home!
LOL skipping work to prep the car. Another expense to racing.

What's the saying? "How bad have you got it?"

Lance, if you want we can change them at the track. SAFE Motorsports runs open track all day so it's not like you'll miss your time slot. Just let me know and I'll bring the tool for the rear piston.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
ARRRGH.

I have new rims & tires on my car and was shooting up I-95 this morning at 4AM at 155 MPH trying desperately NOT to think about the fact that I won't be doing this legally later on this month at Moroso. Nothing like new tires, free-flowing exhaust, and WOT to get your mind thinking about insane, completely impossible schemes to sneak away to the track for the weekend instead of working to get the house ready for sale.

Chuck -- We expect some video this time, man. Your last video is like three years old now. And Lance, if you wanna borrow my camera and mount, e-mail me, you're welcome to try it out. I've got the inverter and all the other crap ready to go, you just need to pick up some mini-DV tapes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Correction: you get to drive three different cars, and an S2000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,925 Posts
McGuireV10 said:
ARRRGH.

I have new rims & tires on my car and was shooting up I-95 this morning at 4AM at 155 MPH trying desperately NOT to think about the fact that I won't be doing this legally later on this month at Moroso. Nothing like new tires, free-flowing exhaust, and WOT to get your mind thinking about insane, completely impossible schemes to sneak away to the track for the weekend instead of working to get the house ready for sale.

Chuck -- We expect some video this time, man. Your last video is like three years old now. And Lance, if you wanna borrow my camera and mount, e-mail me, you're welcome to try it out. I've got the inverter and all the other crap ready to go, you just need to pick up some mini-DV tapes.
I just sent you an e-mail..... although no one would enjoy watching a video of me tracking....... although it might be fodder for America's Funniest Home Videos.
 

·
Landscaping Professional
Joined
·
14,147 Posts
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
Hey Deano, while you're sitting through a zillion commercials and watching a bunch of guys chasing a ball around a field, I'll be going into turn two at 140 mph. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Dude, it's the second weekend of deer season. We got a cold front through this afternoon and THE RUT is on! I'll be in head-to-toe cammo, brandishing Mr. Hammer at my side.

[image]http://members.aol.com/gtsdean/photos/mr_hammer.jpg[/image]
 

·
Sexist
Joined
·
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HEY DEANO!!! Watch were you point that thing!

Jon, I've got lotsa tapes for the last two events, Moroso and Sebring next month. And Antonio is planning on spending the whole day taping. I'll post as soon as I get them edited.

Soupman, nothing like thrashing other people's rides huh? Pun intended.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
Dean, that photo makes a great background picture on my computer at the office.
Gets the more bitchy co-workers thinking before they run off at the mouth, y'know?

Chuck, looking forward to 'em. I've never seen my car from behind.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top