Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
This really isn't necessary as its pandering to markets where its not necessary. Take for example if Lamborghini took to truck pulls with the murcielago. The better question is: "Is this Necessary?"

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Mopar would get better milage fielding a team of SRT-4's in speed's touring car championship

·
Registered
125 Posts
lol, at least now the ricers will ask me to drift my viper instead of just "get on to it"

I cant wait for all the NEW knowledge I am going to be labasted with by 16 year olds if this little marketing trick gets much exposer/publicity.

Oh well, gonna have to go practice my drifting.

Jon

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Gay my ass - its what the young people like to watch - so give em what they want - its smart marketing - and it'd be fun to watch.

where do some of these ideas come from - gay men would piss their panties in a drift car - they're too busy remodelling their kitchen to worry about this stuff

some of these young people will dream of owning a car like that and go on to buying one when they can afford it.

How many here bought Mopar because of the muscle cars that inspired you when you were younger? Or for you younger ones - the Viper caught your imagination and you decided you just had to have one.

Mopar is going to the ricer patch to play and good on them - maybe some of those guys will now one day buy American instead of imports.

Not that there is anything wrong with Jap cars - they're very good cars even if they sound like a wasp in a tin can - but it does make sense to support home grown when it is good enough - and the Viper is!

Anyone who can control drift a car with 345 rear tires has to be good to start with... this will be a great series

·
Registered
130 Posts
Another lapse in judgement by the Dodge marketing department -- why don't they fire all of those dumb shits!

When they are always whining about not having money to develop a new Viper coupe, they piss away an obscene amount of bucks on this -- give me a big break!!

At least if they sponsored a low-rider contest, or best wheel disk spinner contest, or something like that, it wouldn't be as wasteful as that stupid drifting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts