Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked a GTS, and am looking to upgrade the brakes ASAP. I hated the way my fronts locked up on my RT10, and although EBC's helped modulation, I didn't like the initial bite.

I plan on using Tom's rear caliper mod (bigger piston), and am thinking about installing a MOPAR prop valve while I'm at it. I've heard this is a simple bolt-in piece, that doesn't require any crimping of existing brake lines. It goes inline with the single tube that feeds the rear brakes, and is installed under the hood. Has anyone done it? Where's the best place to buy it from? How well did it work?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
WHAT'S THE POINT?

You can't get enough rear pressure as it is, a bias valve can only limit rear pressure, it can magically give you more. The brake mod your doing is in order to get more balance to the rear - the bias valve would negate that.

Basically, what I'm telling you is that you'd always have the valve 100% open at all times. So no point.

·
Registered
863 Posts
??? - The existing oem proportioning valve does throw positive bias to the front, as do most oem proportioning systems. A adjustable valve should give the user control over the bias. Whether it is needed or not with the new cylinders is a different issue. Perhaps Tom can chime in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I must be completely confused about what a proportioning valve does... I thought an adjustable valve would allow you to use more rear brake bias. In its stock configuration, I was under the impression that the OEM valve prevents the rears from doing the work its capable of.

With an adjustable valve, I would think that you could have more rear braking available...

Tom???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts