Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is the breakdown of what was done on each car.

ACR:
- Race pads off, EBC greens back on
- Radiator
- Thermostat
- Headers
- Lowered one inch
- Front tow hook (black)
- decals on side sills
- Entire car buffed (had a ton of small scratches in clear coat)
- Exhaust
- SIMs
- Wires and boots
- Chin guard
- Heavy duty half shafts
- Kill switch (so I don't have to access that fucken battery compartment)
- Wheel alignment (you all have to get this done - people say it is insane compared to the generic factory setting - no, no additional tire wear - plus they align it based on your weight)
- Drilled plug for diff.
- All seven fluids drained and filled
- Fascia repainted

(winter projects for myself - stainless lines, hood pad, VEC1, stereo, woofer/tweeters, momo wheel like in RT - had one, but the kids ripped it off)

Here is what the RT had done:

- Heavy duty half shafts
- Slotted rotors (the set I bought last year are all on the ACR)
- Thermostat
- Front tow hook (black)
- Buffed entrie car - including hard top
- New tires
- Clutch/Flywheel
- All engine seals
- All seven fluids drained and filled
- Professionally detailed inside
- New windshield (had small chip)
- Reset window inside door slot - came off runner
- Alignment
- Fixed nick in BBS rim (although since ACR is now lowered - StarTechs are on RT and BBS' will remain on ACR now)
- Repainted front fascia (and filled license plate holes from dealer)
- Repainted and badged entire hood and clear coat (because of small scrach on one side from the kids)
- 5 point harness - drivers side only

That is it... I think...

If anyone is going to do stuff to their car - and do it at home - that is great. But, afterwhat i just did with my cars - I think this is the way to go... Batch up the jobs you want - spend a couple hundred bucks and ship it to Archer - and have the pros do everything... They can do it much faster than us - and it is probably done right /images/graemlins/thumbs2

Ok, now I have to go get that pizza delivery job to pay for this crap... Oh, the garage has infrared being installed Wednesday - and Archer also has my lift in... Not sure how I am going to get all this crap done and down to my house from Archers - but I'll figure that out another day...

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As soon as they get in my garage - you'll all be sick of my pics of them... I have been without cars for many months now - going through withdrawls...

I have been too busy to spend time determining what is happening with the kids... Does make me a bot nervous in regards to both of those cars in my garage - even though security is tight - I'm sure that I'll be nervous for a while when I know I am not there...

But, with a heated garage - I am thinking that both of my Danes may have a new huge home - the garage... Then I would have patrol 24 x 7 :thumb:

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
I look forward to the pictures. I always enjoy seeing what everone does to their Viper to personalize it. :thumb: Congrats on getting the work finished up and getting your babies back home. I'm sure Archer took great care of you.

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah they really did - Archers is a great outfit... Unfortunately I need to relocate them - they are way up in the northeast corner - 3 hours...

Happy holidays to you as well - I am supposed to be on vacation - but that is not happening... My right ear is listening to a conference call right now... Urgh...

Anyways, once I get everything done in the new garage - I will be a post whore...

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vette - lets just say that the small advertising on the sills - will buy those hp mods... :thumb:

Mark - last year Gerald and myself went through that process - he knows the products and machine to buy. It was a pain - that clear coat can be a nightmare - especially on black - but Gerald has a black RT so he knows the tricks for you.

I had Archer do mine...

Took me about 2 or 3 days to do mine last year - and now that I have two I have no idea how I'd muster up the energy to do two... So, since they were up there - and it only takes them a couple hours - I was more than happy to pay their hourly rate...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.