Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question; how easily can a microswitch go bad and how do i test one to see if its going bad.

my nitrous system wont activate and its WOT switch so thats rather simple; foot to floor; hold on kinda thing. well, its not doing it, at least not every time. im thinking its the microswitch, any input on this one from you juiceheads?? aslo, i/we have noticed that the system will not arm unless its activated PRIOR to the ignition being turned on?? isnt this kinda backwards? shouldnt the nitrous be capable of working/being armed after the ignition is turned on not prior to??

all in all, this system is still not a definite thumbs up. its got potential and its got some good points. i wont give full synopsis about my racetested.com/denny/scotty(tooofst) experience yet, as im still working with them to get everything to work like it should. im a patient man though as its been three weeks and still going. for any of you who are considering this system and the route i took, my advice and opinion; hold off for now until you/we see how my situation is handled by racetested.com/denny/scotty. i personally have faith in the two guys (denny and scotty) to do right as they both seem like good people, but the proof will be in the pudding so to speak.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
FYI.....always test your throttle/micro switch from inside the car/foot on floor. If you operate the linkage by hand it can pull back farther than it does via the "go" pedal. You can verify the switch with a test meter or light to see if it is bad. The micro switch wouldn't normally go bad but anything is possible. It should be activating a relay.....not doing the activating of solinoids itself. Sounds like you have another problem with your arm circuit.....could the two problems be from the same source ?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good question guru, im trying to figure that out myself. why dont you fly that plane of yours on up here to help me get this bucket running right? hell, ill buy a roe off ya if you do /images/graemlins/toothy

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
1TONY1 said:
FYI.....always test your throttle/micro switch from inside the car/foot on floor. If you operate the linkage by hand it can pull back farther than it does via the "go" pedal. You can verify the switch with a test meter or light to see if it is bad. The micro switch wouldn't normally go bad but anything is possible. It should be activating a relay.....not doing the activating of solinoids itself. Sounds like you have another problem with your arm circuit.....could the two problems be from the same source ?
Rich I do not know if free installation applies in Ohio. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Cudaman:flag:

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it should, hes got a damn plane.

·
Registered
723 Posts
What up Mojo, I had the same issue when I got my nitrous installed. I noticed the car wasn't as fast, I checked the throttle and it was touching the switch but not activating. I'm sure toof will do what ever he can to make it right for you. best of luck

Isaac

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Hey 1tony1.. are you now flying out and doing free installations? you know.. that may boost sales a LOT! /images/graemlins/smiles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts