Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one? (other than Mark!) Opinions on them?
Secondly, anyone have one for sale? I just got the B&M short throw shift mod and was thinking of changing my grip at the same time.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I got one on my car and it looks awesome and is a killer to drive with. Sorry I don't have one for sale, but I have heard that with the B&M set-up and the shifter it might be too low. I have mine without the B&M and it is the perfect height.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
I have the First Stike knob with the fang medallion on it. Love it. Shift feel is great and the lower height is perfect.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Had one for about a year - really liked it (all the MGW stuff is top notch) but didn't like the feel of it (not the ergos or throw, but the material...I like leather in my hand).

Trying out a leather wrapped Momo ergo shifter right now and it's been a real pleasure so far.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Rich Detert (spelling) makes three different length shifter shafts. I have the SVSI shifter and MGW grip, I needed the medium shaft, I found the shortest shaft too low.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just installed one in my '01 last weekend. It definitely has a different feel to it which I think I'll like once I get used to it. It did not shorten the throw all that much on my car. I measured about a 5" throw 1st to 2nd stock and about a 4.5" throw after installing the new knob.

I have some shafts coming in from Rich Detert to try to shorten the throw a little more.

--- Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts