Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to head down to the local drag strip last night I am sitting in the staging lanes when a representative from Spike TV asks me if they can film me and a GT3 Porsche race, we both agree and sign the waivers and allow their camera people to proceed. The GT3 was only modified with a custom exhaust and my car is a stock 04 Viper.

I stage the car, leave the lights at around 2k since I didn't lower my tire pressure from the street and running street tires, since this is midnight mayhem where they let anyone and everyone run there is no track prep so you have to be careful with traction. The car hooked pretty good and off I went probably taking the GT3 by an easy 3 cars. We ran a total of 4 times I won 3 out of 4 the run I lost I tried launching at a higher rpm, bad mistake the GT3 was able to pull the win.

They did not give us timeslips since they stopped everyone else from racing to allow us to hotlap the runs it was a blast. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,237 Posts
Did anybody tell you what your time and MPH was?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I figure the one you lost will be the run that is aired!!!

·
Registered
23,353 Posts
Hoosier Daddy is sooo right.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
96 R/T 10 said:
Did anybody tell you what your time and MPH was?
I wish but I suspect with the 100 degree heat 2200 altitude and the non track prep it would not have been impressive to say the least. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.