Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Makara: big pics of my F50

3K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  txlen 
#1 ·
they were taken at Parkplace in bellevue... all the other cars around are not mine.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
and the usual Mp3 0-100mph, (renamed as .wmv to be accepted for upload...)yours truly at the wheel, microphone was stuck in the passenger seat, top down. /images/graemlins/gr_driving3.gif /images/graemlins/headbang.gif

Discussion starter · #10 ·
if I remember right, redline is 8500... I probably went to 8000.
It had barely 800miles, I didn't want to mess it up...

http://vidalsmonami.hypermart.net/cars/ferrari2.rm 1.7MB

On that run I went higher... I didn't want anyone to beat my time!

I was a bit confused at the end, you'll hear that from the gear shifts :)
I hit the brakes at 182MPH and a fat cloud of dust came out, that startled me.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
ah, the music that came out of that F50 was unbelievable... the illegal race pipes around town were a trip /images/graemlins/smile.gif !!
People would swerve away from me when I hit it... just from the noise!

The F50 has a 4.7L engine, a bit wimpy at the start unless you go dig high in RPM. With a $700K car I didn't screw around much with it... heat problem worse than the viper, even in an open cockpit. I explained the deal with the huge fans pumping air out the front scoops.
Once under way, revving up is a blast, car is light, gear shift grid is actually very intuitive and easy to operate, great clutch feel.

The lambo was a 5.7L engine, AWD. Never managed to get the wheels to slip. I didn't want to bust my clutch either. A bit heavier, still kinda wimpy start compared to the viper. But picks up like furry and roars all the way to 140. Then it's slow to inch up to 190.
Awesome design, doors lift up so it does not matter how close the assholes park next to you. On the rare occasion you'd park the car in a crowded lot.
The carbon fiber removable hart top was super easy to operate by myself, clamps on top of the engine. 3 min tops either way. Sometimes the release button would not work so you need to pop the engine, reach a lever, and it unclicks.
Lambo rarely bottomed out due to the slanted front and back.
That was my favorite along with the Viper for daily commuting.
Cons for the lambo: even size 8 shoes I had to take off the right shoe to be safe... don't want hit brakes as you hit the gas at take off. Same for braking, don't want to squeeze the gas. The gear shift is very clunky, the grid does work like a grid... 3 different directions to move the stick from 1 to 2... going back 4 to 3 was feeling akward, and took too long... screwing up my down-blip-shifting.

The pattern is:

R 2 4
|-|-| not sure if there was a 6th.
1 3 5

Jag: didn't have enough time to bond with it. First impressions were "this car is a PITA". Losing $150K on it further make me ill disposed toward it in retrospect. Massive power when the turbos hit though! That was my first big turbo so I didn't quite know how to handle it.
Awesome curves and profile, all aluminum shell hammered by hand.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
dolphins: because I could! because it's outrageous and unexpected. Once people get over the fact that I can do anything I want with my car, they'll be ok. It gets noticed, it keeps people talking.
Wouldn't you like people to go "WOW! WOW!! WOoooOW!!!" as you go by? I get that every day.

next: my treat for sorting out my financial mess will be a Bugatti Veyron, hold the diamond please.

I see a lot of people mellowing out about my dolphins, so I'll setup some way to get people rides in the veyron.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
nope, sorry, I get my hands full enough with the Viper boards /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is someone bragging about straight Tubi racing pipes? If so they may be the buyer of my car... I never got to see who purchased it, too many go between in the transaction.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
it gets damn hot in there, yup.
Heat pumps out of the front scoops and burns your elbow if you let it hang over the door.

The car had no radio, no alarm... but it did have AC... no wonder why!

Discussion starter · #29 ·
thanks King /images/graemlins/smile.gif

you guys get to see all my debuts... I had never been that fast in a car before that F50 video...

and the viper autocross in the other thread, same deal... never had horsed around like that before.
I sure didn't want it to be a wreck video so I went conservatively.

Next one will be bolder.

But I won't do a burnup... don't want no molten rubber on that $150K paint job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.